Fuel pump recall

B Richardt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I understand that repairs have been authorized for this recall for 2020 model year trucks, but no repairs are currently being done on the 2019 model year. I would assume that it would be the same pump replacement. Anyone know why?

Jason157E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings HO
I spoke with two separate dealerships today and both told me the 2019s have been removed from the list as "no solution is available". They also said nor is a solution in the foreseeable future. So, those of us with 2019s, what do we do now? Just wait till it fails? With 121K miles I don't know whether to be happy because it hasn't failed by now and is ok OR dread every time, I pull out of the driveway with my fifth wheel. Are there any replacement pumps available I can buy, out of pocket, and replace it myself?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I spoke with two separate dealerships today and both told me the 2019s have been removed from the list as "no solution is available". They also said nor is a solution in the foreseeable future. So, those of us with 2019s, what do we do now? Just wait till it fails? With 121K miles I don't know whether to be happy because it hasn't failed by now and is ok OR dread every time, I pull out of the driveway with my fifth wheel. Are there any replacement pumps available I can buy, out of pocket, and replace it myself?

S&S has a conversion kit from cp4 to a cp3: https://ssdiesel.com/product/2019-ram-cp3-conversions/

Jason157E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings HO
Thanks...I'll check it out!