Fuel pump recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Richardt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I understand that repairs have been authorized for this recall for 2020 model year trucks, but no repairs are currently being done on the 2019 model year. I would assume that it would be the same pump replacement. Anyone know why?

Jason157E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings HO
I spoke with two separate dealerships today and both told me the 2019s have been removed from the list as "no solution is available". They also said nor is a solution in the foreseeable future. So, those of us with 2019s, what do we do now? Just wait till it fails? With 121K miles I don't know whether to be happy because it hasn't failed by now and is ok OR dread every time, I pull out of the driveway with my fifth wheel. Are there any replacement pumps available I can buy, out of pocket, and replace it myself?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I spoke with two separate dealerships today and both told me the 2019s have been removed from the list as "no solution is available". They also said nor is a solution in the foreseeable future. So, those of us with 2019s, what do we do now? Just wait till it fails? With 121K miles I don't know whether to be happy because it hasn't failed by now and is ok OR dread every time, I pull out of the driveway with my fifth wheel. Are there any replacement pumps available I can buy, out of pocket, and replace it myself?

S&S has a conversion kit from cp4 to a cp3: https://ssdiesel.com/product/2019-ram-cp3-conversions/

Jason157E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings HO
Thanks...I'll check it out!

David Jenkinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L TD
I have a 2020 3500. I got the recall for the high pressure fuel pump over a year ago. We are full time travelers so I'm trying to anticipate and call 6 months in advance to a place I know we will be, but everywhere I call says they are not available. Anyone else run into this issue? How worried should I be about this? How does this problem manifest itself? Getting ready to scoot down to AZ and it's always a concern.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2020 3500. I got the recall for the high pressure fuel pump over a year ago. We are full time travelers so I'm trying to anticipate and call 6 months in advance to a place I know we will be, but everywhere I call says they are not available. Anyone else run into this issue? How worried should I be about this? How does this problem manifest itself? Getting ready to scoot down to AZ and it's always a concern.
When I had mine done the dealer told me the new pump is sent specific to the vehicle VIN request. So you go to the dealer and they take your VIN and submit it to Ram and Ram sends the new pump charged off to your VIN.
Dealers don't have stock of the pump laying around.

David Jenkinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L TD
Thank you. I did finally find a dealer in WA that took my VIN and I have arranged for a spring install.

Kabitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I take my 2019 in today to have the recall/fuel pump installed.

Having said that... Just in this short thread alone I have heard that it's a software issue and or a VIN specific pump....So which one is it ?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
It was a code problem, the code they installed with the new pump caused problems with code that installed during prior recalls, so either they found a work around or wrote all new code, all that matters now is they can update all of the 2019 trucks, but it will take time to replace them in the thousands of trucks still on the road with the CP-4