Fuel Sensor/Pump Went now 3 Way Coolant Valve is Shot 2014 5.7l so What Next ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really love this truck... Looks and Rides Great, Decent Fuel Mileage and Performance but this is the second expensive problem since it went off warranty... I only have 40k miles on my 2014 Ram and no sooner did the odometer turn 36,000 miles it starts breaking. In February the Fuel pump and sensor went and then the dealer didn't tighten the clamps when they replaced it and the truck left my wife and I stranded on the road. Now I'm getting a CEL P26AB for the 3 way coolant bypass valve... I was hoping to keep this truck for many years but if I am going to have several expensive repairs every year then I might dump it for something else... They also did some recall about 18 months ago and broke the steering wheel clock spring which they replaced under warranty. The stock Goodyears were crap so that was another premature expense imo. What other common problems should I expect ?

Last edited:

Mechatricity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately it's impossible to predict; it's almost impressive to me how schizophrenic the reliability of these things are. My '14 has been completely problem free for 50K miles, knock on wood. There is no argument that the Goodyears are garbage, mine only lasted about 24k.

OP
OP
v10enomous

v10enomous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for replying... It's good to hear that some people are having a good experience. Maybe his thing will hold together and it's not as bad as I think...

Unfortunately it's impossible to predict; it's almost impressive to me how schizophrenic the reliability of these things are. My '14 has been completely problem free for 50K miles, knock on wood. There is no argument that the Goodyears are garbage, mine only lasted about 24k.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Do you run the truck all the way down to empty? Since all pumps nowadays are in the tank, they use the fuel around them to keep cool. Running the truck dry could cause unnecessary heat, and premature failure.

Goodyear's suck. Everyone knows it.

Rest of your issues are really from the dealers being useless.

My 2012 just clicked over 131,000 miles. Nothing but fluids, tires and brakes. Its entire life.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk