Fuel Tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnnyr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I replaced the standard fuel tank on my 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins with a 52 gallon tank. Can the computer be programed to recognize it and its capacity? It reads full and empty but it takes about 300 miles before the fuel gage moves.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I replaced the standard fuel tank on my 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins with a 52 gallon tank. Can the computer be programed to recognize it and its capacity? It reads full and empty but it takes about 300 miles before the fuel gage moves.
If I remember correctly I read in the AlfaOBD thread that it has the capability to program the tank size in the BCM. You will need the Security Gateway Bypass cable plus AlfaOBD to do the programming.

I would search the AlfaOBD thread for better info.

Ron Jankowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
For Fast69mopar, I had my 2018 3500 stock 32 gallon tank replaced with a S & B 60 gallon tank, the shop tried using the EZ Lynn programer, but is unable to get it to take anything above 52 gallons, every time they try to input anything more than that it defaults back to the original 32 gallons. I have the AlphaOBD on my Android tablet do you know if it is able to input above the optional OEM 32 gallons. I'm pretty sure that the shop has a harness for reprogramming.