FULL DETAIL - Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well folks, I am a long term user of Poorboy’s World products due to their ease of application and being able to apply them in direct sunlight. (with common sense of course)

I was looking for a product that doesn’t stain black trim, masking really got on my nerves. Luckily on my RAM there isn’t as much black plastic as my other vehicles I had in the past. So, with a lot of researching, I went with the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions lineup. So here are my thoughts on these products.

Here are the products I purchased:

HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC WASH & WAX
HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC POLISH & WAX
HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC WAX SPRAY COATING
HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC WAX 3-IN-1 DETAILER

**I DID NOT PURCHASE: HYBRID SOLUTIONS CERAMIC CAR WAX SPRAY (don’t need it, I’ll use the Detailer after washes)

Here are the steps of what I performed in direct sunlight;
  • Wash the truck with regular car wash soap (I had some Chemical Guys Citrus left)
  • Clayed the car with Riccardo Medium Yellow Clay with Chemical Guys clay lube (smells great!)
  • Quick wash again to make sure it was all nice and slick!
  • Then polished with the Ceramic Polish and Wax with a Lake Country white polishing pad with my Porter Cable 7424.
  • Then proceeded to add the Ceramic Wax Spray Coating.
  • Waited about 48 hours and applied the second coat of the Ceramic Wax Spray Coating.
I’ve had my truck for over 1 month and the surface was rough. Stuck on spots, lots of impurities etc. Some swirls and marring.

I must say, I’m really impressed with these products. I was never a huge fan of the TW line but these were VERY easy to apply in direct sunlight, used common sense, a large towel to cover the areas to have them cool down before applying. (I need a pop up gazebo)

The Polish:

OK, the surface was in good shape being new and all but this stuff is easy to apply and did a fantastic job in bringing the depth of the surface and getting rid of minor swirls and marring. If my truck was older, I could have used a more aggressive pad and stayed longer on some areas but the white pad was good for the slight damage the clear had. I made sure the pad had a few sprays of water so it wouldn’t dry up too quickly. After I was done, I could have left it like that and moved on. It was slick and the shine is freaking great!

You what is the best part is? It DOES NOT stain black trim! Oh and apply this on glass, I’m happy I did!

The Coating:

Super easy to apply. Make sure you have a lot of good CLEAN m/f towels, you’ll need them. Also fill a spray bottle with distilled water or filtered water. This is to activate the SIO2 in the product. It also helps to remove the film that’s left on the surface. So apply a few sprays for a 2x2 area, wipe down, then use a few sprays of water to buff off with a high quality m/f cloth. You can also apply the product directly to the cloth. Give it 24 hours to cure. You will notice it looks great when freshly done but it looks better 24 hours later! I’m impressed. I applied 2 coats 48+ hours apart. It seems to melt in the surface after 24hrs! You know what’s another good thing about this product? It DOES NOT stain black trim! I applied this to the black trim around the bed, my tonneau cover, mirrors etc and NO STAINS! Looks freaking great as well. It’s awesome on glass and wheels as well.

Wash and Wax:

Meh, other than smelling good, it loses its suds quickly. Does not really work in a foam gun, would be a waste IMO. It’s probably doing a great job otherwise as it still seems slick. Didn’t notice anything wrong, probably me being old school and wanting crazy suds! I won’t by this product again. TIP: Rinse that stuff quickly as it will leave markings in direct sunlight but not permanent.

Detailing Spray:

I haven’t used the Detailing Spray yet only on random areas to try and it seems pretty darn slick! I’ll post back when I use it more.

Conclusion:

All in all, I’m very happy with their products. The smell is great but not overpowering and the results are there as well! Are there better products out there? ABSOLUTELY, but for an off the shelf product I can get at my local Canadian Tire, I don’t have any hesitation to suggest them.

Only thing left to do is wait and see how long it lasts. I love a clean truck, so I’ll be maintaining the job with the Detailing Spray. TW states up to 1-year protection with 2 coats. That’s optimistic IMO.

Sorry about the photos, took them with my cell phone, I should have taken the DSLR out for these.

The bottom 5 pictures, I had to drive to a big lot near my house, so there may be a bit of dust on them. :)

20210710_160603.jpg

20210710_160559.jpg
20210710_160506_2.jpg
20210710_160500.jpg
20210710_160440_2.jpg

Seriously, the pictures don't do it justice IMO. But hey, all I had on me was my cell phone. When I wash and use the detailer, I'll take my good cam out, hopefully that will give a better idea.

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good!

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great and nice write-up!

What did you use on your side steps?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man!
LOOKS Great. I use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic on MY 19. It says lasts a long time also but I clean and reapply every 3-4 months and did the initial 2 coat application. I can't go forever on the coating, since the heat here gets to 100-110F sometimes for a week at a time in the late Summer/Autumn.

CAVEAT: I do use a buffer when doing. Especially in summer, do to heated surfaces.,.

Ride wash waxed 6-18-21.jpgwax.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Looks great and nice write-up!

What did you use on your side steps?

Thanks man! I used a bit of tire dressing on an m/f towel! I may continue doing that as it seems to stay on quite well!

OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
LOOKS Great. I use Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic on MY 19. It says lasts a long time also but I clean and reapply every 3-4 months and did the initial 2 coat application. I can't go forever on the coating, since the heat here gets to 100-110F sometimes for a week at a time in the late Summer/Autumn.

CAVEAT: I do use a buffer when doing. Especially in summer, do to heated surfaces.,.

View attachment 464547View attachment 464548

Thank you sir! Yeah I'm not expecting super long lasting... It's winter here that's gonna beat the crap out of it. We'll see how it holds up after my before winter detail! :)

Yeah I saw the Megs right beside the TW on the store shelf, I may try that one next!

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks man! I used a bit of tire dressing on an m/f towel! I may continue doing that as it seems to stay on quite well!
Nice. They look brand new. Mine are really faded and chipped up pretty bad. I've tried Back To Black, but that stuffs mostly carnuba and if you get any on the actual step your going for a different kinda ride when you try to get in. lol I'm gonna try the Scorpion lining route on some new blade style ones. That should take care of keeping them shiny and chip-free for good.

Again, thats a good looking truck. Cheers!

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir! Yeah I'm not expecting super long lasting... It's winter here that's gonna beat the crap out of it. We'll see how it holds up after my before winter detail! :)

Yeah I saw the Megs right beside the TW on the store shelf, I may try that one next!
I think they R all mostly similar. It be how well U apply, how much and attention to detail. Yeah, Quebec City be a lil chilly, though we did get hit with a -5F Ice and Snow in the Middle of TX in February. Kinda felt like Goose Bay, LOL, tho not quite as cold or same amount of snow.

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

View attachment 464547View attachment 464548
I use this stuff as well. Its good stuff, smells great and beads water like crazy! I also use the Ceramic Detail Spray from Meguiars after a wash. If I am cleaning off just dust or water spots from a light rain I use meguairs waterless wash. I buy that stuff by the gallon, works really well and leaves a great shine and wax coating. If I want to wax/polish I use meguiars 3 in 1. Beautiful deep shine on my delmonico red. Absolutely love that stuff!

OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Nice. They look brand new. Mine are really faded and chipped up pretty bad. I've tried Back To Black, but that stuffs mostly carnuba and if you get any on the actual step your going for a different kinda ride when you try to get in. lol I'm gonna try the Scorpion lining route on some new blade style ones. That should take care of keeping them shiny and chip-free for good.

Again, thats a good looking truck. Cheers!

Thanks for the props man! Yeah my side steps are new, so that helps a ton but I'll see how the winter will treat these with the salt we use here.

OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I think they R all mostly similar. It be how well U apply, how much and attention to detail. Yeah, Quebec City be a lil chilly, though we did get hit with a -5F Ice and Snow in the Middle of TX in February. Kinda felt like Goose Bay, LOL, tho not quite as cold or same amount of snow.
I have a few friends that live in Texas and that snow storm and the freezing temps you guys had was just insane.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YEAH, the problem is here: ALL things are built to keep the cold IN, not OUT. On 1 college campus close to here, a pipe burst in every room on campus. Now the power grid is in a ***** (F U B A R) status and who knows where all this mess end up. -5F, OMFG, I really thought I was back on a Northern Tier base walking a flightline again, LOL>

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
YEAH, the problem is here: ALL things are built to keep the cold IN, not OUT. On 1 college campus close to here, a pipe burst in every room on campus. Now the power grid is in a ***** (F U B A R) status and who knows where all this mess end up. -5F, OMFG, I really thought I was back on a Northern Tier base walking a flightline again, LOL>
I read about that. Would that explain all the traffic in said city for road work?

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque

I'm in NW Louisiana, it shut us all down as well. My job has never shut down for weather, but we were shut down for a week. Y'all were a lot worse off with the outages and rolling blackouts. I had my generator (bought the same day Hurricane Laura hit as a Cat 1) fueled up and 5 cans of gas ready with my cords laid out everywhere so all I had to do was crank the gen, and plug in my cords. Not once did we even have a power surge.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have (1) generator, which was enuf to keep fridge running, etc.,. but not enuf to heat house. I did have a small ceramic heater running. I got lucky, had damage to 4 pipes, only 1 was off of house,,to outside faucet. Rest were on Outside water tank ref pvc to hossies.

OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Great looking truck if I must say so myself (I'm rather fond of your color scheme)... Fortunately mine came with the ceramic coating. If I tried to apply it myself, I'd have dust or little grass things stuck in it as the coating cured.

View attachment 464946

Thanks man! Not much difference between ours in terms of color scheme except you have a 5th gen! That looks sharp man, great looking truck!

I may attempt a full coating myself but I need a garage for that, so I get ya! :|

OP
OP
Bigs

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A pic of the beading...

I'll have some of the QD as well. Tried to take pics with my DSLR to really show the detail and it decided to stop working. :|
So far, I'm impressed with the Turtle Wax Hybris Solutions line (except the wash soap).

20210721_062855.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963