Full Eagle Swap Into a 3rd Gen Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RMassa187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello. I tried searching but didn’t come up with what I’m looking for. Can anyone point me to a thread about a compete Eagle 5.7 swap into a 06 3rd Gen 2500? TIA

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You won't find one because it isn't a simple drop in and go. Most 3rd genners who use eagle parts just use the heads and maybe intake. What you do have the advantage of is that the 2009 2500 with 5.7 was a 3rd gen platform with an eagle 5.7 in it. That being the case, there are factory parts (including electronic) to make it happen.
Some things to consider:
- can't use your stock accessory drive, you'll need one set up for an eagle; check above mentioned example.
- has to at least be the PCM from the above mentioned example or you'll have to lock the cam phaser to disable VVT and oh, pull the crank to change the reluctor wheel to use your stock PCM.
- stock eagle 5.7 in a heavy duty does not have MDS, be mindful of this in your engine selection because the overwhelming majority of eagle 5.7's that were built have it.

If you're looking for more power, a simple cam swap with tuning to match will have you at stock eagle power. Swapping heads will up that even more. Good luck.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So if I had a complete 2500 or 3500 eagle with all accessories and a pcm it would be drop in?
No lol, a replacement 2006 5.7 would be a drop in. The fact that the 09 HD configuration exists means you can make it work PHYSICALLY fairly easily. There will be harness differences between it and your 06 and you will need to integrate it into your harness, keeping in mind you will need to match SKREEM to PCM, VIN matching, etc.