Full Stereo Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just mean 1k for labor not including the products. But I'll check both of those out! I got mine done last at a tint shop on my 2016 sierra and they left a static sound and my backup camera was fuzzy. Not to mention my bluetooth phone calls got over bass boosted by the epicenter...more than the music lol

Installers are really hit or miss. You can get **** ones at reputable shops or great ones at **** shops or retail. Best to do your research on the individual doing the job.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like PAC now has the Amp Pro 4 available for our truck.. anyone with the HK system try it out, yet?

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually thought about it but really liking my dsr1. Haven’t had any issues and I’m using the dsr1 for a master EQ to keep my speakers in phase. Until it acts up that is.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually thought about it but really liking my dsr1. Haven’t had any issues and I’m using the dsr1 for a master EQ to keep my speakers in phase. Until it acts up that is.

Your FWC, RWC and BLIS chimes are audible? Mine make very, VERY quiet sounds but it does attenuate the music.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you been having issues?

Yeah, BLIS does make a beep but it is virtually inaudible. Like if you're driving on the highway even with no music playing you won't hear it over the road noise. If you're in town with no music playing you might be able to hear it if you're specifically listening for it.

FWC/RWC also have the same symptoms.

Again when you're listening to music it's whatever because it does attenuate so you know somethings happening, but still frustrating that I can't hear the beeps themselves.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah, BLIS does make a beep but it is virtually inaudible. Like if you're driving on the highway even with no music playing you won't hear it over the road noise. If you're in town with no music playing you might be able to hear it if you're specifically listening for it.

FWC/RWC also have the same symptoms.

Again when you're listening to music it's whatever because it does attenuate so you know somethings happening, but still frustrating that I can't hear the beeps themselves.
I have the same issue with my dsr1 on my 4th gen so I have to think its something in the programming. I thought it had to do with the elimination of my centre channel since my hands free phone and nav prompts don't sound as good as the stock system did either. I don't have blis, but the park sensors are almost silent.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue with my dsr1 on my 4th gen so I have to think its something in the programming. I thought it had to do with the elimination of my centre channel since my hands free phone and nav prompts don't sound as good as the stock system did either. I don't have blis, but the park sensors are almost silent.

My parking sensors (front and rear) are fine, it's the FWC, RWC and BLIS sounds that are muted.

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My parking sensors (front and rear) are fine, it's the FWC, RWC and BLIS sounds that are muted.
Thanks. I'll have to look into it then.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got my sub box upholstered to match with the leather and piping found with the Limited trim. Also got limited style pattern stitching that you find all over the truck done on the front of the box. With that I think I'm near done with my stereo once I work out the issues with my DSR-1.

One of the photo's are blurry but it's cold outside and I am lazy.

IMG_0174.JPG IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0172.JPG

RED19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the base system with 8.4 screen. I'm changing everything but the radio, well the dash speakers are stock, I bought the lc7i, two 6.5s, 2 6x9s, one 12" sub, and a kicker 600.5 to run everything. I installed all the doors and ran power to the back today, was going to try this lc7i tomorrow.... am I going to have issues? I pulled the 8 wires out to delete ANC.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the base system with 8.4 screen. I'm changing everything but the radio, well the dash speakers are stock, I bought the lc7i, two 6.5s, 2 6x9s, one 12" sub, and a kicker 600.5 to run everything. I installed all the doors and ran power to the back today, was going to try this lc7i tomorrow.... am I going to have issues? I pulled the 8 wires out to delete ANC.

No idea tbh, I used direct factory integration. I'm not a fan of summing amplified signals personally.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If it's one of the newer Kicker amps, I would just ditch the Lc7i all together.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, the CXA series takes speaker lead inputs. Could just run speed wire from radio to amp, be sure to use 100 ohm resistors on each pair of speaker outputs from radio. The Kicker KISL would make it easy too. On the plus side, this route would save you money and significantly reduce any chance of noise.

RED19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, the CXA series takes speaker lead inputs. Could just run speed wire from radio to amp, be sure to use 100 ohm resistors on each pair of speaker outputs from radio. The Kicker KISL would make it easy too. On the plus side, this route would save you money and significantly reduce any chance of noise.
Are you talking about running wire from the factory anc/amp to the kicker amp? The kisl would kinda be the same except its using rcas right?

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If there is a factory amp for the speakers - you should use something like the AP4/DSR1 instead. If no amp for the speakers then grab the speaker wire inputs/outputs from the head unit.