Fumoto valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
is anyone using a Fumoto valve on their Hemi Rams?
Yes, Installed during my first oil change. I have used them on all my vehicles as far as I can remember. Never had one leak or take damage from being off road.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I use them, hey take longer to drain because of the smaller orifice but whi is in a hurry?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I bought one and then chickened out. Went to beach last year & had to help dig out my son who got his (ford) stuck - in the process I had dug myself in at least once pretty deep. Paranoid about being buried to the rails and it being ripped off. Am I being paranoid? Anyone do much beach driving & run into any issues?

I know that if I get it ripped off by a rock, well, other stuff will get trashed too, but it makes me uncomfortable since we go on the beach - and sand happens.... talk me off the ledge, LOL!
Thanks,
Josh

Fbnmark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have one on my Cummins, it’s slower than a drain plug but there is zero mess and I drain straight into gallon jugs for easy disposal.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
I was going to get one of these. Then i changed my oil the first time and didnt see a need. I have a 4" lift and a 5gal pail fits perfectly underneath. I have no need. But i do see the value in them, esp running a hose for better disposal.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought one and then chickened out. Went to beach last year & had to help dig out my son who got his (ford) stuck - in the process I had dug myself in at least once pretty deep. Paranoid about being buried to the rails and it being ripped off. Am I being paranoid? Anyone do much beach driving & run into any issues?

I know that if I get it ripped off by a rock, well, other stuff will get trashed too, but it makes me uncomfortable since we go on the beach - and sand happens.... talk me off the ledge, LOL!
Thanks,
Josh

I've driven on the beach a lot and never had a problem. However I've never buried my truck either. IMHO you won't have any
problems
Jay

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Same here, even the same vehicles!
Just took the one on the RAM off because it leaked ever since I put it on. Not bad, but you can tell where I park it at home.
Changed the oil, took it off, noticed the blue washer was broken. So it's my assumption I tightened the valve too much and broke it when I installed it. Never had an issue on all the other vehicles I have put it on.
Need to order a new washer for it and re-install it next oil change.
I just installed mine this weekend along with relocating the filter. I torqued mine to 25 ft lbs, the same as I did the original plug to avoid a leak or washer damage. Used a 3/4 " crowfoot on the torque wrench. Also I bought the valve with the hose nipple out so draining will be cleaner & I put a plugged piece of hose just in case the valve seeps.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a Fumoto valve F106N: Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve with Nipple for drain plug size 14mm-1.5 installed on my 07' Quad Cab 1500, 2wd, 5.7L Hemi truck. I love it, works very well, will not open without some effort plus I have the plastic clip that prevents the valve from opening without removing the clip first.View attachment 166751
Yup, that's the beasty I have. Now that it's installed I'm looking firward to my next oil change in about 6000 miles.

MK96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have FEMCO drain plug on mine

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed mine this weekend along with relocating the filter. I torqued mine to 25 ft lbs, the same as I did the original plug to avoid a leak or washer damage. Used a 3/4 " crowfoot on the torque wrench. Also I bought the valve with the hose nipple out so draining will be cleaner & I put a plugged piece of hose just in case the valve seeps.

Yeah, I messed up. This is the 4th one I have had and I never screwed up till this one.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have one on the truck and the wife's Wrangler. Used them for years and never an issue.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I did a oil change on my truck recently, the Fumoto Valve worked flawlessly oil drained quickly without any mess. Great investment for my truck and my time doing oil changes.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So what's the most popular valve?......long nipple, short nipple or no nipple?

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I prefer the long nipples if enough clearance. Less chance the plastic tubing will come off while draining the old oil. I really want to avoid the resulting mess...