Funny Dealer Story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
On Thursday, I went to a dealer because on rear passenger door speaker
was making horrible noise.
I have HK system.

I was there for about 5 1/2 hours.

After two hours, the told me they couldn't reproduce the issue. Which I figured would happen.
He also said, do you drive fast? Kind of surprised he would ask that.
I said yes, why do you ask? He cause you have pedal commander on really high setting
and it was very tricky to drive it into the bay... Note to myself, take it off or lower it when going to the dealer.

I told him, I just spent 2hours here for you tell me you can't fix the issue. I've spend over $300k
in last 9 months, if you want more business, get back in there and solve it.

Third hour go by... Main guy comes out and says they need keep truck. They would give me something to drive.
You need to keep it just to fix/replace a speaker? He something is seriously wrong with it.
They plugged in their diagnostic equipment, and its failing. I told him truck is fine, just speaker.

Comes back in fourth hour, says we figured out why it's not working.
Hands me little black device. Says next time you come, make sure you take out
the bypass module... Opps, I forgot to take it out.

Fifth hour, They finally take door apart notice the wire(s) wasn't connected properly, damaged the speaker.

Note to myself, remove PD, bypass module. I had obdlink sitting coin tray thing.
Got my speaker fixed anyway :)

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
Do you know, I always
( tried ) to remember to turn off my pedal commander when visiting dealer etc. If they wreaked the truck driving into bay, there’s an immediate get out. Probably would be fair too. I imagine it would be quite disconcerting to push throttle expecting normal response and the truck leaps forward! My wife always swears at me when she drives anyway!

HAL9001

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You actually have a fairly decent dealer there. They're lousy at replacing a speaker but they were pretty cool about all your mods.

My new 2021 Limited had two bad rear door speakers when I got it, one was blown and highly distored and the other was completely dead. The dealer said that they couldn't "replicate the issue" which was ridiculous, but they replaced both speakers as a "customer courtesy". Of course, that solved the problem. One of the most technically oriented trucks ever made and they struggle to fix a bad speaker. LOL

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Do you know, I always
( tried ) to remember to turn off my pedal commander when visiting dealer etc. If they wreaked the truck driving into bay, there’s an immediate get out. Probably would be fair too. I imagine it would be quite disconcerting to push throttle expecting normal response and the truck leaps forward! My wife always swears at me when she drives anyway!

Ya, It was my stupid mistake for not turning it off or removing it.

Worse the by-pass.

@HAL9001 Yep. about the same. mine was just the one. My post wasn't complaint about the dealer. I knew before going
unless they can replicate it , wasn't much they could do. It was mostly cause I was an idiot and forgot take off
bypass and PD :)

SKinnaird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Funny how they find all kinds of problem instead of just looking at the speaker and be done with it.