FYI! AEV Procal Snap +19 - Not for PowerWagons!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah I’ve considered that and may still go that route. The super easy plug and play solution at a reasonable price from AEV without having to do the security bypass and get a PIN from the dealer is attractive.
I am pretty sure the pin is not needed to adjust the tpms for '19 and newer trucks. I got an error when trying to enter the pin the 1st time. When adjusting the second 2nd time I didn't even enter it and it still worked. I had seen other reports of this also.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I contacted the owner of AEV yesterday and asked if they had the procal for the PW figured out and told him I just bought a new 2020 pw and was interested in the Snap as I have used procals on all my wranglers and like how simple they are to use and I also like that they only change parameters that will not get you in trouble if you have a warranty issue. He asked if I would be willing to stop by the shop and let his brother (his brother invented the procal) have my rig for a while. I only live about 10 minutes from the shop so Long story short I dropped my truck off.

The Procal worked fine on mine (july 2020 build). Jordan spent 2 or 3 hours and thinks he may have found a solution and it sounds like it may be a fairly simple one. unfortunately for him the procal worked on my rig just fine and while he could manipulate things to cause errors mine always self corrected itself. He said it definitely does not have anything to do with the head unit which was mentioned earlier in this post. It was pretty cool seeing how much data these rigs are constantly displaying and cycling thru even when turned off and just parked. Jordan is nice guy and down to earth which is cool.

I wish I would have thought to ask about programming the mirrors to fold in when parking. I would love that feature.

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L
I wish I would have thought to ask about programming the mirrors to fold in when parking. I would love that feature.

That would be so sweet. Really weird that Ram didn't think that would be a useful feature for trucks equipped with power folding mirrors.
That and the brake hold feature are the things I miss most about my Benz GLE. I forget about those features but then i'll drive my wifes Benz and get reminded how much I miss those 2 features. lol

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be so sweet. Really weird that Ram didn't think that would be a useful feature for trucks equipped with power folding mirrors.
That and the brake hold feature are the things I miss most about my Benz GLE. I forget about those features but then i'll drive my wifes Benz and get reminded how much I miss those 2 features. lol
So they asked me to come back to make a final check (all good so look for them to be approved shortly) I asked about the mirrors and Jordan thought he could do it but it would not work. He said he would keep working on it and get it figured out.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive always wondered what the point of the mirrors folding when parked is. I mean, can anyone ever get so close to a vehicle when parking that the fawking mirrors are in the way?! Whats the point of this feature?

And if its needed, that one time in a hundred years, cant you just hit the button that folds them in?

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive always wondered what the point of the mirrors folding when parked is. I mean, can anyone ever get so close to a vehicle when parking that the fawking mirrors are in the way?! Whats the point of this feature?

And if its needed, that one time in a hundred years, cant you just hit the button that folds them in?
in tight parking lots other big trucks drive by and hit your mirrors, parking along narrow streets same thing or even more common bicycle ****'s that hate big trucks intentionally break your mirrors if sticking out. It is great when you remember to fold them in but sometimes you just forget. Did you know if you are parked on a street and your mirror sticks out into the bike lane and a cyclist hits your mirror as they ride by they can sue you( of course you can get sued for anything these days but still something to think about). these big mirrors work great but they stick out a mile. I suppose a lot depends on where you live and what kind of areas you visit.

OP
OP
Bahn112

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L

Not everyone lives in the sticks... parking spaces have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. There are a bunch of times where i've had to turn sideways to get through a couple of regular cars or when street parking, let alone something as big as our PW's.
It's one of those features that once you've had it you miss it when it's gone. Also, it's not like you would be forced to use it. In every vehicle i've had with that feature you could turn it on/off.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
in tight parking lots other big trucks drive by and hit your mirrors, parking along narrow streets same thing or even more common bicycle ****'s that hate big trucks intentionally break your mirrors if sticking out. It is great when you remember to fold them in but sometimes you just forget. Did you know if you are parked on a street and your mirror sticks out into the bike lane and a cyclist hits your mirror as they ride by they can sue you( of course you can get sued for anything these days but still something to think about). these big mirrors work great but they stick out a mile. I suppose a lot depends on where you live and what kind of areas you visit.

Not everyone lives in the sticks... parking spaces have been getting smaller and smaller over the years. There are a bunch of times where i've had to turn sideways to get through a couple of regular cars or when street parking, let alone something as big as our PW's.
It's one of those features that once you've had it you miss it when it's gone. Also, it's not like you would be forced to use it. In every vehicle i've had with that feature you could turn it on/off.

Yea I completely get what you guys are throwing down. Makes sense. While I have never needed (or really used) the feature, I do see where it could be handy at times now. And end up being one of those things you didnt think you would ever need (auto wipers, auto bright lights etc) yet end up really missing it when you dont have it anymore.