FYI: Mopar Accessory Hard-Folding Tonneau Cover Part #82215227AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK... so after going cross-eyed this morning reading about covers, I want to validate before I buy one..... Basically, the OEM cover is an MX4, it has gloss finished aluminum panels, and you can shut the tailgate without lifting the back panel... right?

RamConvert82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK... so after going cross-eyed this morning reading about covers, I want to validate before I buy one..... Basically, the OEM cover is an MX4, it has gloss finished aluminum panels, and you can shut the tailgate without lifting the back panel... right?
I've not had the two side by side but your description is correct. I can open and close the tailgate without opening the cover on my Mopar branded cover.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks.. the dealer where I bought the truck would only offer a 10% discount off of the $900 list, then add 7% tax to that... so, I decided to go with a Bakflip F1. I think the fiberglass skin will be more durable than the aluminum, so hopefully the finish holds up as well on the FRP. I got a quote of just under $900 shipped for the F1, so it was an easy decision.