Garage door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That really sucks ! lol .... it's crazy how much interference LED lights can cause if the right ones are not used ... there are some LEDs that won't cause any interference but by now all LEDs should be interference free ...

Yeah I've had good luck with aftermarket LEDs (thankfully) but have also seen plenty of people on here that have had issues like you are describing.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Yeah I've had good luck with aftermarket LEDs (thankfully) but have also seen plenty of people on here that have had issues like you are describing.

Yeah ... I was so mad when this happened to me a few months back lol .. I was like wtf all of the sudden the damn garage opener won't work ... but check this out, the opener on my wife's Lexus is not affected by the LEDs lol .... just on my truck ...

But yes, I extended the antenna and it works now ....

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
If you have any kind of led bulbs anywhere and that includes your outside house lights, inside the garage or your truck they will cause interference with the signal....

What I did was extended the wire for the antenna signal all the way to the garage door ....
I have multiple LED bulbs. Two LED floods mounted outside the garage to light up my drive and a 300 WATT LED lighting up the inside of my garage. Plus multiple LEDs throughout my house. No issues operating the garage door from over 100ft away. Better chance it’s something causing interference other than LED bulbs. Could be an outlet, switch or the light fixture itself that needs replaced. Or......something a neighbor has causing the interference.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I have multiple LED bulbs. Two LED floods mounted outside the garage to light up my drive and a 300 WATT LED lighting up the inside of my garage. Plus multiple LEDs throughout my house. No issues operating the garage door from over 100ft away. Better chance it’s something causing interference other than LED bulbs. Could be an outlet, switch or the light fixture itself that needs replaced. Or......something a neighbor has causing the interference.

Could be ...but in my case it was the LEDs I installed in the garage door opener ... took them off and it worked like before ... so I put them back on and just extended the antenna line ...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Could be ...but in my case it was the LEDs I installed in the garage door opener ... took them off and it worked like before ... so I put them back on and just extended the antenna line ...

There are garage door opener compatible LED bulbs available. I did the same, installed some LEDs and the opener stopped working, found the opener safe LEDs online.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
There are garage door opener compatible LED bulbs available. I did the same, installed some LEDs and the opener stopped working, found the opener safe LEDs online.

Yeah .... that video shows some good LEDs on amazon .... sucks right ? lol ...