Gas consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I just put a remanufactured engine on my 1500 5.7 Ram and it runs great but I noticed that it is burning too much gas. The engine runs smooth and it idles properly with a lot of power. Any suggestions?

1968 Ramrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
When you say uses too much gas, do you have MPG numbers which are specific? Has your driving style become more aggressive as you have a new engine with a warranty? Did you perform any other modifications in conjunction with engine swap tire size, gear change etc...Other factors to consider include break in, fuel quality, seasonal changes etc.

ctwalton15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2" lift and 35" BFG All Terrains on mine, with 140k miles. I get 9-10 mpg no matter highway or city. Perks of owning a V8 unfortunately. My MDS is still active but does like absolutely nothing. I'd check tire pressures and see if you possibly need them rotated and or balanced. That could help unless your tires are worn quite a ways and needing new ones soon then getting brand new stock tires would help with gas consumption, not a whole lot but its something. I'm guessing your ram is completely stock or....?

OP
OP
M

Max Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Thanks guys for your prompt reply. No modifications were done and in my opinion the Chrysler people did a great job replacing the engine. Theirs recommendations was to break in the new engine and after the first 500 miles bring it back for a final check up at which time they will make any adjustments necessary. Really appreciate your help.