Gas Nozzle Gets Stuck in Filler Neck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveH10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I replaced the filler tube this morning. It took less than an hour. I should have done it a long time ago. And yes, they should have put in a recall for this (for a $50 part and an hour labor). Can't wait to try it at Costco again.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I replaced the filler tube this morning. It took less than an hour. I should have done it a long time ago. And yes, they should have put in a recall for this (for a $50 part and an hour labor). Can't wait to try it at Costco again.

“Can’t wait to try it again”

Cracks me up. It’s the little things in life like being able to pump our expensive trucks stress-free that really matter.

Totally relate though. Sometimes pumps still cut off too soon but adjusting the handle to the 5 o’clock position solves it for me but a night and day difference.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Just changed mine today,mine would get stuck at every pump.Very easy to swap out.The hose clamp bolt on mine was at top of hose facing wheel liner.I used a 7 long socket instead of stuppy screwdriver,made life easy.Haven't been to a gas station get but if it gets stuck I'm going to burn the truck lol.If I did this again probably take about 10-15 minutes.

Cutup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
Just picked up a new to me 17 Ram crew cab Limited. Love the truck but everytime I put gas the nozzle gets stuck, I mean really stuck. Like two dogs stuck if you know what I mean. I've seen some threads on google but never saw a real fix. Dealer claims they never heard of this. I spent the first time 20 minutes getting that thing loose. Is this a California pump thing? I am thinking that lip inside the filler neck is grabbing the nozzle and thought about grinding it down. I really don't want to deal with that if there is a better solution.

Cutup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8
Just bought toilet, tank to bowl rubber washer, the thicker one. Inverted it over pipe filler opening and it worked like a charm. Have only used it once, but it was at Safeway pump in Ca. where it always was an issue getting nozzle stuck. I am encouraged it may be cheap fix. Keeping fingers crossed. I had seen this suggestion in an earlier forum.

Vanlecktor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have this problem of "no release" on my 2016 Ram 1500. Dealer would not cover replacement gas filler neck. They quoted me 256.00 dollars. Called FCA to see if they would warranty it. They said NO. Customer service rep indicated she was getting calls on it. I made her aware it was a potential safety issue. Many people would NOT be able to dislodge that nozzle. I found out some people have had to call the fire department or AAA to get this thing out. Apparently 2015 to 2019 Rams are affected. It also appears to be a California problem due to their gas nozzle design. FCA should at least replace these irregardless of mileage on a case by case basis. This would be an expensive recall for FCA on all those years and that's why they are looking the other way.

I replaced mine for 50 bucks and it took me about 45 minutes. P.N. 68448220AA

KalboKalbs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
21 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this problem of "no release" on my 2016 Ram 1500. Dealer would not cover replacement gas filler neck. They quoted me 256.00 dollars. Called FCA to see if they would warranty it. They said NO. Customer service rep indicated she was getting calls on it. I made her aware it was a potential safety issue. Many people would NOT be able to dislodge that nozzle. I found out some people have had to call the fire department or AAA to get this thing out. Apparently 2015 to 2019 Rams are affected. It also appears to be a California problem due to their gas nozzle design. FCA should at least replace these irregardless of mileage on a case by case basis. This would be an expensive recall for FCA on all those years and that's why they are looking the other way.

I replaced mine for 50 bucks and it took me about 45 minutes. P.N. 68448220AA

Edited out my questions. Answers found up thread. Thanks for all the info.

Last edited: