Gas nozzle getting stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joefox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cyl
Gas nozzle was constantly getting stuck in my 2018 ram bighorn. Saw on utube a guy use a 2 inch rubber toilet gasket to put over the gas tank inlet and it worked perfectly. Doesn’t let the nozzle go in far enough to get stuck and no spillage

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; Etorque , 4x4 crew cab, Night Edition
Great idea. I had problems with the nozzle getting stuck on my 2013. Wish I would have known about this.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had my 4th gen gas filler neck replaced under MaxCare. I had this problem. The newer neck design has less of an angle, and makes it easier to put the nozzle in and remove.

For my motorcycle, I just ordered the following. I haven't tested it yet, but it would work the same as the toilet gasket:

McCuff Motorcycle Fill and Tank Protector​

I'm not sure of what the difference is between sport and v-twin, but I got the v-twin model. I think it has to do with a sportbike gas cap swinging open, and not having a lot of room around it.