Gas pump issues on 2019 new body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craigv85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else having issues pumping gas into their truck. I love the truck its good drive and no other issues other than when it comes to filling it up. The pump keeps clicking off every few seconds making the process take up to 20 minutes to get my tank full and on multiple occasions the nozzle got stuck in and took all my strength to pull the sucker out. Took it to the dealer and they said they took it to the chevron and pump a few gallons in it no problems, looked like the needle was in the same spot when i picked it up, basically said it must be the station i go to and since they didn’t duplicate the problem they won’t do anything. So far it’s happens to me at costco on no matter what pump im at and happens at arco and wasn't as bad at a chevron i went to. Kind of worried it’ll get stuck again and I’ll be screwed because i tore my left pectoral muscle this week and won’t be able to use both arms to pull it out. Any ways i live in Los Angeles CA and I don’t go to shell or chevron 1 because they are usually 40 to 50 cents more per gallon than costco and two they are 5 miles out of the way in the opposite direction from where I travel. The whole go to another station isn’t very reasonable especially on long trips and you get stuck with whatever station in close-by when you are low. Anyone else experience this and we’re able to resolve the issue or is this something im going to have to record and keep a record of and get a lemon lawyer?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I had a problem on a older Ram .The end result was had to put a new tank in the truck.The tank is not venting and shutting of the the pump nozzle,which it is made to do so you don't spill gas all over the floor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
This has been happening to me for the last 4 months now ... I took it to the dealer and they "DID" according to them replace the filler tube which they said would fix the problem but it actually made it worse ... no matter what gas station I go to ...

I am going to be taking it back so they can now take a look at the evap canister which might be clogged or just not working how it is supposed to be .... good luck man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Mine does it too but if I tilt the nozzle towards me and handle up, it works great. It is annoying that I have to do that though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

One way or anther I am going to get them to fix this issue ... I didn't pay 40k for this truck to not be able to fill up the gas tank without spending 10-15 minutes at the gas station. lol ..I am heated !

JWExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a vehicle do something similar a few years ago and remedied it by not inserting the nozzle fully. Maybe halfway in and it functioned like normal. Never ran into issues after I figured out the sweet spot. Hopefully you or the dealer figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a vehicle do something similar a few years ago and remedied it by not inserting the nozzle fully. Maybe halfway in and it functioned like normal. Never ran into issues after I figured out the sweet spot. Hopefully you or the dealer figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too have had the pump issue and have had to find the "sweet" spot to get it to fill. PITA but need to put gas in.

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too have had the pump issue and have had to find the "sweet" spot to get it to fill. PITA but need to put gas in.
When mine was having that same issue, it didn't matter how I put it in. I literally was pumping gas at around 1 gal per minute.

Troutman561

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You cant let it fill at full speed. I have the some issues and it likely had to do with the new style filler. Probably some EPA BS.. They changed it on boats too but instead of being hard to fill up you only get only about 90% of your tanks capacity.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This has been happening to me for the last 4 months now ... I took it to the dealer and they "DID" according to them replace the filler tube which they said would fix the problem but it actually made it worse ... no matter what gas station I go to ...

I am going to be taking it back so they can now take a look at the evap canister which might be clogged or just not working how it is supposed to be .... good luck man
This really sucks I remember in the freezing cold outside,my tank would only fill with less then 10 cents of gas and turn off the pump handle. one time the gas station owner came out and thought I was doing something bad to his pump because it was like 25 mins to put gas in my truck. Like I said it turned out the tank was no good

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You cant let it fill at full speed. I have the some issues and it likely had to do with the new style filler. Probably some EPA BS.. They changed it on boats too but instead of being hard to fill up you only get only about 90% of your tanks capacity.
not true

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
not true

brent-b

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I had this issue when I picked up my Ram from the dealer. They took me down to the corner gas station and we filled it up (I was surprised that they topped it off for me). It must have clicked off about a dozen times. Since then I have used my usual Speedway gas station and fill it up full speed and have not had any issues.

DKONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any update? It is happening to me as well.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As an update to my comment, yesterday finally able to fill the Ram without issue, did not let the nozzle run at full blast, might be something for y'all to try. Of course remembering to not full blast is another thing.