Gas pump issues on 2019 new body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
That's where I'm at.

First visit - couldn't reproduce.

Second visit - new filler neck (updated part since my truck was assembled). Helped some but not completely. The pump won't shut off at $2 now but it shuts off before the tank is full.

Third visit - they approved replacing the gas tank for the rollover vent. Part on order and I got my truck back.

Fourth visit - TBD. I take the truck in next week for the new tank and we'll see if that fixes the problem.

The only other thing I think it could be is something in the evap system. Since I haven't had any overfill issues (which would have put moisture into that system and damaged components) I'm hopeful that this fixes the issue completely.
Dealership replaced the tank and the issue is fixed. I can fill up at any station, at any speed, and the tank fills up.

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Mine does it too but if I tilt the nozzle towards me and handle up, it works great. It is annoying that I have to do that though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The attendant at Costco told me that trick today. My 2017 would sometimes do that if the tank was low until I had some gas in it, the 2021 was clicking like crazy. He said a lot of the trucks do that, and some other brand cars have an oddball way it has to be held in the middle.

Ram1500nl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2020 Ram 1500, 70,000 kms the last 3 fillups took at least 20 minutes, freezing cold and barely squeezing the trigger, anymore than that and the pump cuts out.

Wadejesu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2017 1500 fills up fine no matter what pump type, My 2019 3500 fills up till the last 4 gallons, then it takes 20- mins to fill last 4 gallons. What a PITA. Makes me want to rip whole tank fill assembly out and install something from Roger Penske's shop