Gas pump issues on 2019 new body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
What is the problem with the filler cap. I've never had a problem fueling my 2019 new body style truck. Stick the nozzle in an she gups it down real fast and with no problems also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are lucky lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DKONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anybody get this resolved yet?

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
I'm seriously considering a new Ram truck. Does this problem occur at gas stations in all 50 states? Or just the states that have mandated 'special' gas nozzles? Thank You, BillScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 7.59.16 PM.png

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Hi @DKONG - Please be sure to let us know via PM if this is something you decide to address with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

Dealer isn't doing **** ... it's actually pretty annoying seeing you guys post the exact same comment to everyone who has a problem with their trucks and the dealerships, you guys offer to help but actually don't do anything but tell us to set up an appointment with them which they never respond to and if they do happen to look at our trucks they can't do anything about it ...

If you guys aren't actually going to help, or escalate this to the point that something is actually done you shouldn't be offering help when it is not going to happen for us ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I'm seriously considering a new Ram truck. Does this problem occur at gas stations in all 50 states? Or just the states that have mandated 'special' gas nozzles? Thank You, BillView attachment 200885

Here in California it happens to me at every single gas station .. I took a drive to Arizona last year and didn't happen to me at any gas station up there ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Anybody get this resolved yet?

No DKONG ... the dealership will not answer any of my calls and I can't even get the damn Service Manager on the phone, he is either always busy with a customer or not there ... I have tried to schedule an appointment for them to check it but they never have any open dates on my days off ... so I will have to take a day off or two from work to get it in on a day they choose to

32blownhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
Here in California it happens to me at every single gas station .. I took a drive to Arizona last year and didn't happen to me at any gas station up there ...

I used to live in California & it would happen with my BMW at some stations. And I've had rental Dodges and it was much worse. I read where two different companies make the nozzles & one companies nozzles are worse than the others but never researched it... Live in Oregon now so it's not a problem but I visit Cali often.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I used to live in California & it would happen with my BMW at some stations. And I've had rental Dodges and it was much worse. I read where two different companies make the nozzles & one companies nozzles are worse than the others but never researched it... Live in Oregon now so it's not a problem but I visit Cali often.

It really sucks Bro when you know there is a problem ... you take it to get fixed, they supposedly fixed it and the problem is worse than before ...

Now trying to get the service manager on the phone is a damn struggle ...

DKONG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That’s typical service around here as well, good luck hopefully they fix it for you soon!!!!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
That’s typical service around here as well, good luck hopefully they fix it for you soon!!!!

This is the only thing I hate about my Ram lol ... I am going to end up just driving up to the dealership sometime this week or next ... might even record the visit lol ...

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I'm seriously considering a new Ram truck. Does this problem occur at gas stations in all 50 states? Or just the states that have mandated 'special' gas nozzles? Thank You, BillView attachment 200885
I've filled up countless times in states from Florida to Michigan and have had no problems. Also all of the stations I've used have had the "standard" nozzles.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone else having issues pumping gas into their truck. I love the truck its good drive and no other issues other than when it comes to filling it up. The pump keeps clicking off every few seconds making the process take up to 20 minutes to get my tank full and on multiple occasions the nozzle got stuck in and took all my strength to pull the sucker out. Took it to the dealer and they said they took it to the chevron and pump a few gallons in it no problems, looked like the needle was in the same spot when i picked it up, basically said it must be the station i go to and since they didn’t duplicate the problem they won’t do anything. So far it’s happens to me at costco on no matter what pump im at and happens at arco and wasn't as bad at a chevron i went to. Kind of worried it’ll get stuck again and I’ll be screwed because i tore my left pectoral muscle this week and won’t be able to use both arms to pull it out. Any ways i live in Los Angeles CA and I don’t go to shell or chevron 1 because they are usually 40 to 50 cents more per gallon than costco and two they are 5 miles out of the way in the opposite direction from where I travel. The whole go to another station isn’t very reasonable especially on long trips and you get stuck with whatever station in close-by when you are low. Anyone else experience this and we’re able to resolve the issue or is this something im going to have to record and keep a record of and get a lemon lawyer?
Mine does only at Safeway...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RysingSun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm here because this issue just emerged on my 2018. It started happening little over a month ago. Every pump: Chevron, Sam's Club and Costco. Doesn't matter the angle, depth or speed. (twss)

Called my dealer today and was placed on hold. They finally asked me if the service manager could call me back. I said sure. And no call. No surprise.

I just have a strong feeling that if I take it in for service, they'll keep my truck for 2 days and nothing will have been solved. This, based on reading that pending class action suit. FCA doesn't even acknowledge the issue. So why would the dealership spend time & money on it. They couldn't care if I took an hour to fill up.

I was really hoping I'd find a "here's a simple fix" post.