Gas pump nozzle doesn't auto disengage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hexxus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It happened again. Was filling the truck up when gas spilled over. I had the pump nozzle in the tank opening and the lock engaged so I didn't have to hold it. Now, on every single other vehicle I have ever filled up, this wasn't a problem. Once the fuel rose to the level it usually would trip the nozzle, the fuel spilled over so I stopped the flow so the fuel would drain down into the tank which I noticed wasn't very fast.

TERRY G ABNEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check inside were you insert the hose and see if there is some type damage thats not holding the pump handle securely in position after you let go of it is all I could think of unless the pump handles lock is broken and not releasing properly as I have had more than one that it was the fuel pump handle that was the issue..
Only issue mine ever had was when I changed fuel pump and when reinstalled had the fuel hose in a bind but then the pump handle would just kick off an could not fill tank very fast

alittlerusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If it’s an older truck the filll pipe/hose could be rotting away.