Gasoline leaking from side of gas tank of my 2020 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic Warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I JUST round off because when I "pay" my bills, I always get check book to straight dollars, and no cents, less likely to have an oops moment and loose my mind wondering how did I goof up check book balance. JUST old Military Habit. Just like overseas, WE never used pennies. All prices were rounded up/down to the next $.05 amount to even amounts so no need for pennies. I kinda like that idea, wish they do here since it costs way to much to make pennies ne way. Just a thought, but then I am a BOIRD.
Whats a check book?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Whats a check book?
I know you are being tongue in cheek, which is ahhhhhhh, funny. But for your benefit, just in case: :banghead::33::anitoof:

What is checkbook used for?

What Is a Checkbook? A checkbook is a folder or small book containing preprinted paper instruments issued to checking account holders and used to pay for goods or services. A checkbook contains sequentially numbered checks that account holders can use as a bill of exchange.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I JUST round off because when I "pay" my bills, I always get check book to straight dollars, and no cents, less likely to have an oops moment and loose my mind wondering how did I goof up check book balance. JUST old Military Habit. Just like overseas, WE never used pennies. All prices were rounded up/down to the next $.05 amount to even amounts so no need for pennies. I kinda like that idea, wish they do here since it costs way to much to make pennies ne way. Just a thought, but then I am a BOIRD.
I just round up my checkbook up to the nearest dollar. That way always have way more money in my account. Been doing that since i was in the military

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just round up my checkbook up to the nearest dollar. That way always have way more money in my account. Been doing that since i was in the military
I stay spot on but always even out any amount ASAP to a round number, like pay a bill ove by the amount of "cents" to round checkbook.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I stay spot on but always even out any amount ASAP to a round number, like pay a bill ove by the amount of "cents" to round checkbook.
I haven't written a cheque in years, everything goes on my credit card and it auto pays the full balance out of my account every month. Look at the statement, make sure all charges are yours. Done deal.

Even when I did write cheques I never kept a cheque book. As long as all the cheques that went through the account were mine, checked the statement, the account absolutely had to balance. Never saw the point in the whole balance the cheque book exercise.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't written a cheque in years, everything goes on my credit card and it auto pays the full balance out of my account every month. Look at the statement, make sure all charges are yours. Done deal.

Even when I did write cheques I never kept a cheque book. As long as all the cheques that went through the account were mine, checked the statement, the account absolutely had to balance. Never saw the point in the whole balance the cheque book exercise.
BOIRD just old school, LOL, I write very few checks, but use checkbook to record all like Bill Pay items so balance account. I use my CC's, and then immediately next day go into bank account and Bill Pay the CC balance I just incurred, as I never keep a CC balance longer than a month.

Ole Buck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know you are being tongue in cheek, which is ahhhhhhh, funny. But for your benefit, just in case: :banghead::33::anitoof:

What is checkbook used for?

What Is a Checkbook? A checkbook is a folder or small book containing preprinted paper instruments issued to checking account holders and used to pay for goods or services. A checkbook contains sequentially numbered checks that account holders can use as a bill of exchange.
Then thats what that older lady was doing at the grocery store the other day. Man she had the whole line held up. When they finished scanning her groceries, she had to put her purse up on the counter, dig through it, get out this book thing, find a pen, write down a bunch of stuff, tear something out of it, then dig in her wallet and find her drivers license, then they wanted her phone number, had to call a manager over to scribble something on the paper that she gave them and then flip to another section in her book and write something else down. Then she had to put all of that stuff back in her purse. ;) Learn something new everyday !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just poking Sir. Dont flame me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I used a check book for a while
My rent was due on the 15th of each month
I wrote the rent check when due & on the first, i looked at my monthly bank statement, i did not bother to look at the charges, just the balance.
So the following 15th, i wrote another rent check, the landlord was irritated with me, because the check did not clear.
The landlord's wife had sat on the previous months check & the 2nd check was something like $15 short & the bank did not allow the shortage to be taken out of the Over Draft funds.

I have not written a check since then, the landlord insisted on Cashiers Checks or Cash after that.
More recently, he has insisted on Only Cash, he is building a house in the Philippines & i think he is hiding some of his income.

I am not complaining, i am paying about $400 less than the newer residence :)

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wonder if jb weld would seal it off

Last edited:

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE!!! HELLO EVERYONE THAT REPLIED TO MY POST I PUT OUT LAST SATURDAY. THE TECH AT THE DEALERSHIP FOUND OUT THAT A DRILL HOLE WAS THE CAUSED OF THE LEAK AND I WAS A VICTIM OF GASOLINE THIEVES. THE THIEVES ARE DRILLING HOLES ON THE SIDE OF THE GAS TANKS TO STEAL IT; IT'S THEIR METHOD NOW TO STEAL GASOLINE FROM ALL NEWER VEHICLES. SO IT'S NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY. THE SERVICE GUY TOLD ME I HAVE TO REPLACE MY WHOLE GAS TANK AT A TOTAL COST OF $937.44; PARTS AND LABOR. MY INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLE IS $1,000 SO I WILL END UP PAYING FOR IT. WE IN ARIZONA HAVE A BUNCH OF THIRD WORLD TRASH FROM OTHER COUNTRIES, SO PARK YOUR BIG VEHICLES INSIDE THE GARAGE. I'M SO GLAD I HAVE MY COMMUTE SMALL CAR TO GO TO WORK AND MY PICKUP IS OUT OF ACTION FOR 1-2 WEEKS WHILE I AWAIT THE PART TO COME FROM LOS ANGELES CALIF.
It’s a fairly straightforward DYI replacement for the gas tank. You could do it yourself for about half the cost.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was just thinking, I have a 5KV backup gas generator, and as I am now cityfied, no bulk fuel.
I have 2 jerry cans, but if power is off for 2 days, not enough, and if I could get gas from the truck, would work good, install a value and hook a gas line to it. Few yrs ago, I had one going steady for 3 days at -30 degrees in a blizzard at the farm. But had 1000 gallon of gas on hand.
Around here I see lots of cheques for food at the Co-op store from country Ladies still.
2006 I bought a new Dodge Ram, wanted to pay with a cheque in Edmonton, Girl was stationed there at the time, I got some strange looks from those guys , Had to go to bank and get a certified bank draft. Stupid buggers.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heck I’d take a shot at epoxying a plug into it if it were a smaller hole. Find a grommet that could handle it, epoxy it in, then put a section rubber sheet over it with a strong adhesive or Flex Tape. I mean it could work right? Its not like your welding a patch over it or its a pressure vessel.
Edit: make sure to paint a note
“Drill here for gas stealing —>”

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Using a bolt, a nut, 2 fender washers, and a drain plug washer you can make your own plug kit. 1 of the fender washers gets ground down on two sides so it will fit through the hole. The full fender washer goes on the outside and will seal against the plastic when tightened. It can be tricky getting it all together but you could epoxy the bolt to the inside washer if you don't have a welder to spot weld it.