Gauge swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frozty_318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have a 1998 ram Laramie with all 6 gauges and the dash finally fell apart. I'm doing the 09 to 11 dash swap and it came with the gauges. Can anyone help if the gauges will work if I wire them up correctly or do I need to program them to the stock computer?

Mehgyver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
You're in the 2019+ 5th gen forums, you may have more luck in the forum for your generation of truck as I doubt very many here would know the answer to your question.

Hero6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I have read/watched on YouTube, the newer gauges will not work. I saw one guy that used the stock 98 gauges and made them fit neatly with some ABS plastic work, another guy just bought all aftermarket gauges (expensive option). keep us informed on how it goes, wanting to do the swap as well, but not ready to pull the trigger yet.

Hero6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Currently a couple posts below this one, post shows some good pics of installed aftermarket gauges in the newer dash.