Gauges system in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
First off, big thanks to DB Truck Customs for the great price and super quick shipping!

Now to the meat... Got my Quadzilla Vizion gauge system. I had an extra iPhone laying around and thought I'd put it to good use! What it is, is a gauge system that plugs into the OBDII and transmits the readings through it's own wifi signal (responsive and quick as hell) to the iPhone. Since we are a very photo driven forum, I got some shots and video for you guys.
The plug
738cb6bf.jpg

The set up (key in power mode, no check engine)
7ca6b2f9.jpg
a2294e93.jpg

Daily driving set up (EGT, boost, trans temp, rail pressure, and throttle position)
63010854.jpg

In depth gauge page
5cc58654.jpg

EGT kit
d0e5ab2c.jpg

Haven't installed it yet... Probably gonna have a shop do the manifold drilling, I'm way too nervous to do it.

Video:
Quadzilla viZion gauge system - YouTube

Btw, I think this thing has a max boost read out of 25psi? I think I'm pushing more than that!!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Awesome , glad you like it . Thanks again

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't worry about drilling your manifold. It's SUPER easy! Drill it with the truck cold, but running. That way you blow out any shavings instead of them going into the turbo.

I dunno, that's what I was told to do, when I did my '95 Cummins I had absolutely 0 issues. Tapping that cast iron manifold is downright easy. Just put some grease on the tap to catch the shavings.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I have tapped many with no issues

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have something similar to this on my Android called Torque...weed did a write up on it and it's awesome. I'm not really if they are the same thing but either way, congrats!

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Nice setup, that thing is fancy!

Do it yourself! Just use a maget around where you are drilling to collect all the big stuff and have at it, it's easier as it sounds. I was scared ****less of doin it as well, but Schroeder wouldn't let me be a pansy and I just did it with no issues. I wouln't have it running because there is just way to much vibration to get a good spot to drill, just use the magnet and it is no issue whatsoever.

Good luck!

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna try to tap the manifold today.

Btw, I just got off the phone with Quadzilla and it turns out the maximum boost the ECM will ever read is 25-26, when in reality I'm pushing between 35-40 (WOT) with the Xzillaraider and smarty. Gonna dish out a few more coins for a mechanical boost gauge

Last edited:

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Thanks guys! I think I'm gonna try to tap the manifold today.

Btw, I just got off the phone with Quadzilla and it turns out the maximum boost the ECM will ever read is 25-26, when in reality I'm pushing between 35-40 (WOT) with the Xzillaraider and smarty. Gonna dish out a few more coins for a mechanical boost gauge

That's one of the reason I'm not fond of the Edge or Adrenaline setup. Because the fact you still have to rely on the factory sensors (possible errors) and limited to the span of factory sensors.

At least with good old fashion mechanical gauges you don't have as much error... Nor do you have to worry about recharging batteries or pluging them in.

As remember to remove your I(whatever) from the truck people love to steal them also remember to grab it before you leave the house or you won't have gauges...

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'm eventually gonna do full on mechanicals...but right now Im on a budget lol. It's really not a bad set up or inconvenient. It's a spare phone I leave charging in my center console, so it never leaves the truck. When I get out, i take the phone out of the mount and put it in its charger in the console where no one can see... I love technology, which is why I guess I really like these gauges...and the common rail :p lol

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thats looks a whole lot easier to watch than mine lol

Photo533.jpg

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Thats looks a whole lot easier to watch than mine lol

Photo533.jpg

I can watch yours much easier... I got a wide angle of vision and I'm capable of seeing my gauge fairly well even looking forward and just know the standard placement of the needle and what is normal.

Like my fuel pressure if the needle is straight up I know its 15 PSI. If my pyrometer is straight up its 800*F. If my boost is straight up its 17.5 PSI. Where with a digital display you must pull your eyes completely from the road and READ the display. Kind of like my ScanGauge II. Also the problem with digital gauges is they update to slowly.

Give you idea of digital vs. mechanical... Mechanaical gauge will show turbo bark with a violent down swing of the needle where a digital gauge may not even show it.

Just things to be aware of...

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Geez I love your set up Schroeder lol

When I run my set up on its analog setting, it's shows all that stuff

Uncle Ugly

Reaction score
I am in agreement with Moparman on this....mechanical all the way.
I have ZERO trust in any product Quadzilla makes.

OP
OP
infernoredram

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I am too, but I'm on a budget right now lol. College hurts man.

I own two quadzilla products and they both have worked flawlessly since I've had them. I think they're a great company and will continue feeling that way until one of their products or the company itself makes me feel otherwise. Sorry you've had bad experiences.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963