Gen 3 426 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Didn't watch, been kinda busy.

Did they ditch the VVT and roller lifters?
They don't say,but i think they used a 6.1 by the looks of the block and cam gear,and it never had VVT. Nobody gets rid of the roller lifters to run a flat tappet cam,that's like stepping back 20 years in time,lol.They do run a fairly high dollar valve train with Jesel lifters and a Harland Sharp rocker shaft set-up though.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
They don't say,but i think they used a 6.1 by the looks of the block and cam gear,and it never had VVT. Nobody gets rid of the roller lifters to run a flat tappet cam,that's like stepping back 20 years in time,lol.They do run a fairly high dollar valve train with Jesel lifters and a Harland Sharp rocker shaft set-up though.

Hellcat oil pump too, I would imagine. That alone is probably sufficient for adequate lubrication

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hellcat oil pump too, I would imagine. That alone is probably sufficient for adequate lubrication
Hellcat pump doesn't really work on a 6.1 with-out some modifying .Melling builds a high volumn pump for the 6.1 though. Most hi-po cams for a later 5.7 or 6.4 either require a limiter or a total lock-out for the cam phazor,so you are basically getting rid of the VVT or limiting it's sweep