General Complaints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I love my 2015 Ram Laramie 4x4. Plenty of power, all features work as they should, very reliable.

BUT, this truck has more interior rattles than any vehicle I've owned. May just be my OCD nature but it grinds away at the love for this vehicle.

So far I've had:
Dash rattle - in the area of the faceplate surrounding the radio
Front windows - mysteriously gone away for the time being
Sunroof/ headliner - comes and goes
Rear seat spring - fixed

My 2012 with mud tires and dual dynomax VT with x pipe and 5" tips didn't have any issues.
My 2004 that saw more dirt roads than any of them had no issues.
My 1995 Dakota was abused beyond belief and it held up fine.

Did I just get a Monday or Friday build or is this a common complaint? Expected more from a $50k truck with under 100k miles...

Just venting...

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine doesn't rattle much at all. The worst vehicles I've had for rattles were gm vehicles. Our Chryslers Fords and Hondas we've owned have had minimal rattles.

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 and it's never had a rattle of any kind

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love my 2015 Ram Laramie 4x4. Plenty of power, all features work as they should, very reliable.

BUT, this truck has more interior rattles than any vehicle I've owned. May just be my OCD nature but it grinds away at the love for this vehicle.

So far I've had:
Rear seat spring - fixed

My 2012 with mud tires and dual dynomax VT with x pipe and 5" tips didn't have any issues.

Did I just get a Monday or Friday build or is this a common complaint? Expected more from a $50k truck with under 100k miles...

Just venting...
I have a personal habit of going through the entire interior so I can break a fasteners loose and re-torque them. I despise rattles. I will pull over on the side of the road to find a rattle and make it stop.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi

So far I've had:
Rear seat spring - fixed

Just venting...

Are you sure the rattles are coming from the truck itself? I thought i had a bunch of rattles too until i finally realized the rattles were coming from loose items i had in the storage areas..dip cans rattling in the center console, wheel lock key rattle in glove box, pens rattle in under climate control storage drawer.

The only issue i have is my passenger door panel buzzes annoyingly loud whenever there is bass coming through the speaker.. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you sure the rattles are coming from the truck itself? I thought i had a bunch of rattles too until i finally realized the rattles were coming from loose items i had in the storage areas..dip cans rattling in the center console, wheel lock key rattle in glove box, pens rattle in under climate control storage drawer.

The only issue i have is my passenger door panel buzzes annoyingly loud whenever there is bass coming through the speaker.. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

The dash rattle is the bezel. Put a little pressure on it at the RAM tray on the top and it stops, let go and its back. Already taken it apart once, I'm seeing some caulk strips or adhesive felt in my future. Or have someone from the automotive plant I work at moonlight and check it out. I know they bring quality marks up if there's any noises on the test track.

OP
OP
Sasquatchtdg

Sasquatchtdg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My 18 is quiet ,I've had it for 2 years.
If I can find an 18 that is the color, trim, mileage, and price I'm ok with, I'd seriously consider a trade in. Apple carplay is the big factor there, the newer grilles are not my cup of tea though.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So far I've had:
Rear seat spring - fixed

Just venting...

I don't think that is valid anymore as they run 7 days a week 2 or 3 shifts. there is a decal on your door that will tell you when your vehicle was made down to the hour. MDH is month day hour
ited)_D061F7FD_C479_4AA7_B31B_673AB7367B07_1_201_a.png

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For the bezel, if you bought truck used it is possible the former owner had aftermarket radio then put original back in before selling. There are like 14 screws holding interior bezel to exterior part of bezel, possible that not all screws were put back and/or tightened.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My double din head unit required a bracket be cut for clearance. I get the odd rattle from it, not a lot though.

now the ******* clock spring in the steering column makes constant noise over bumps straight, and even on smooth turns.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
My 2016 has had one annoying rattle since day one—the handle for the flip-up lid on the flip up seat console. Putting even a slight amount of pressure on top stops the rattle, and I can’t find what is loose or any way to tighten it.

It’s not bothering me as much now as it rattles a lot less since I had my Michelin DefenderLTX M&S installed—they are much smoother than the OEM Wranglers.

best,
DG

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good Afternoon All, I have a "16" 2500 CCLB, bought used had 1 annoying rattle. Found the instrument cluster was missing the 2 upper screws that hold it to the bezel. Dealership does not have a listing for these screws.
The only other annoying thing

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Darn phone looked up. Anyway continuation of my last post, drivers door bangs when you hit washboard type bumps or big bumps. I can make it stop if I put my fingers the door and door jamb at the top rear corner.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nothing on my 2011 until
A few months ago. Found out the rear springs started rattle over bumps.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 17 is rattle free. However I now how a click when I turn the steering wheel. I think the clock spring is messed up or something. Might change he wheel out to a leather one. Or maybe its just something loose in there. Not sure only does it if turning, banging on the wheel area does nothing.

Wifes 18 Durango has a door rattle that happens from certain bass that is annoying.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I had two quiet GMs before my 2020 RAM. So far no real rattles, but a slight spring squeak from driver's seat. But that's what a good stereo is for, right? :)

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 14 is good, a bit in the dash, but a lot of crap in the glove and center boxes .
Thought my 2010 Laramie was great also, than got hearing aids , Damn, rattle in the dash that the wife said has been their for a while, But about that time a brain dead chev guy playing on his phone hit me at 100KM, so that fixed that. My 14 sport is better than the wife's Honda CRV that was new. Roard noise, wind noise lower front that the dealer can't fix.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9

So far I've had:
Rear seat spring - fixed

Just venting...

My 2007 had one rattle that took me 9 moths to find. It was a set of extra keys under the carpet under the rear seats. Did not make sense to find them their. Batteries were dead but key still worked after new batteries. Just strange to have a extra set, im the first owner too, truck had 68.5 miles when I got it.