Getting a new windshield and have a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarrollB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had lightning strike concrete close to my 2016 truck throwing a 3 pound piece into the windshield cracking it. Will take the truck in next week to get the scratches in the hood fixed, again from the concrete hitting it, and a new windshield. I'm sure my truck has the humidity sensor as it will turn on the AC if the humidity is high. Any special things I need to check when I get the truck back after the windshield install?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The humidity sensor is in the dash IIRC, but if you have the automatic rain sensing wipers, that one is on the glass right next to where the rear view mirror is mounted.

-K

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Check to see where it was made

A couple of days back, someone had a small crack directly where the driver is distracted by it.
He went to that company that advertises on TV constantly
They did Not have any OEM windshields, all back ordered, No ETA

At that time they only had a couple windshields made in China
He had no choice but to get the Chinese windshield, it was a bit cheaper much to his surprise

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ensure that your replacement windshield has the RAM logo in the bottom right hand corner (passenger side). My wife's 2019 Laramie had a rock hit high on the windshield trim and caused a 9" long crack right in the middle of the drivers face. We had to wait 3 weeks for one to come in. Insurance asked us if we wanted the OEM with the logo or an "equal " replacement. We waited. Beware of the Chinese ""replacements".....

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Good luck on finding an OEM windshield unless you're not in a hurry.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I got a new windshield just recently , took a day ,I requested OEM , and it has the Ram logo , hopefully they are not making aftermarket with the Ram logo , but not OEM, I was assured it was OEM, but I sure wouldn’t know . Having sensor problems with mine .

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read somewhere on this forum that if you unhook the battery for a short while it will fix the sensor prob.