Getting Custom Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Screw it. Dodge/Chrysler says because I am the second owner, they will not cover the paint issues. So instead of wasting time and money swapping the badges from Dodge to Ford and Ram 1500 to F-250, I will be doing a custom paint job and tailgate.

Now I know the possibilities are endless, as long as the budget remains open. The budget isn't that large.

I need a bit of help. I need a few ideas. Here are a few pics I found online. I know The Assassin has a really paint work, but I don't want to go to that extreme. I am trying to keep the original color, and add on to that.

I could use a few ideas similar to these:

Custom MegaCab Paint 2.jpg

Custom MegaCab Paint 1.jpg

Thanks, I am open to everything. I guess I got "writers block", only in select a paint scheme form.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are awesome paint jobs. I really like the 2nd one. Maybe something like your red and mineral gray in that combo, or red and silver.

Viper2172

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge Megacab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I like the second as well. Gives me something to think about if my megacab's paint ever goes bad.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Have you ever seen black on the bottom that slowly fades to a dark red on top? Pure sex. Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What's your budget? Also when you get an idea talk to Robbie who owned the head hunter ram he can do a digital rendering for you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
the great debate lolgood luck man

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like both of them but i think i like the first one a little better. Always liked the over the top paint jobs. I would like to find something to do to mine since the bed is scratched up some what

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the 2nd one. I like fairly low contrast (or very high, like purple and orange) 2 tones.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Black it all out. Murder it out. Whatever you call it, just black on black. It always looks good

OP
OP
Mega Mike

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I really like the one Wermbang put up there. I am not gonna do the same thing, obviously, but it got the wheels in my head spinning. Its not over the top, but looks like it would be a cool thing with the mineral gray stated earlier.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the ideas. Post em if you got em.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
I'll see if I can find a picture of what I meant later. It's like what werm posted, but instead of a fine line, it slowly fades both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mega Mike

Mega Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I like this one, but I don't want to copy it. I seen this guy at Bloomsburg last year.

Bloomsburg 2011 014.jpg

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don't murder it out, everyone does that. If you're going to get a custom paint job, make yours stand out and be different from the crowd! I would get a base color you want and then get some airbrushing done