Getting new headlights + tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
I'm not sure if anyone has experience with after market lights or more specifically the brand morimoto, but I plan on getting a new set of headlights and tail lights made by this brand.

I've been searching for awhile now on the best option and I feel that with morimoto being around for awhile and has a great warranty to them, that it should be worth the money to get.

This will really transform my 2012 ram 2500 outdoorsman, now another set if tail lights I liked was these LED recon tail lights. The only thing with that is I'll have separate shipping fees if I got them as well and the warranty doesn't compare to morimotos.

I'm stick between the morimoto XB LED headlights with white DRL or amber DRL, now the pair of amber DRL lights is a newer version which I honestly really like as I also was a fan of the 2013 ram sport projector lights. The only thing is the turn signal is it's own separate LED strip which matches the amber DRL, I was worried that it would be hard to notice when my signal is on. Could be overthinking it though and it might not be too difficult to see.

I'm also going for the morimoto XB LED tail lights that come in red or smoked, I kinda wish the red set advertised was a much darker red though... I'm personally thinking about going with the smoked out pair, even though I've never really liked lights that are smoked out but it's just the housing unit at least as opposed to the glass casing. I also figured a smoked pair would go well with the amber lights? Anyways my truck is also black to, with some chrome (Included a picture).

Any opinions?

Attachments

• 4Oa68lr.jpg
    4Oa68lr.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 61688.09_18_Ram_Amber_XB_LED_Headlights.010.jpg
    61688.09_18_Ram_Amber_XB_LED_Headlights.010.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 61688.09_18_Ram_Amber_XB_LED_Headlights.110.jpg
    61688.09_18_Ram_Amber_XB_LED_Headlights.110.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 18
  • 27003.Dodge_Ram_09_18_Morimoto_XB_LED_Tails.010.jpg
    27003.Dodge_Ram_09_18_Morimoto_XB_LED_Tails.010.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 27002.Dodge_Ram_09_18_XB_LED_Headlights.160.jpg
    27002.Dodge_Ram_09_18_XB_LED_Headlights.160.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 27002.Dodge_Ram_09_18_XB_LED_Headlights.010.jpg
    27002.Dodge_Ram_09_18_XB_LED_Headlights.010.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 17

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Many on the forum have noted that they have Morimato’s without complaint. They are a well known name, and it will cost you.

Myself, I went with the Oem Projectors, it really is a personal choice. You can’t go wrong with either :waytogo:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Another well liked manufacturer of headlights is Alpharex. Their Nova and Luxx series are all LEDs

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Many on the forum have noted that they have Morimato’s without complaint. They are a well known name, and it will cost you.

Myself, I went with the Oem Projectors, it really is a personal choice. You can’t go wrong with either :waytogo:
I did consider going oem projectors, saw a few that offered a white led/amber switchback which was cool
Another well liked manufacturer of headlights is Alpharex. Their Nova and Luxx series are all LEDs
I've considered going with them a few times, they do have nice lights

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just added the AlphaRex Pro series G2 Black . Absolutely love them! Also the sealing is very well done, looking forward to lots of use without moisture build up. Also, so incredible looking on truck startup, has a cool activation look. Love the sequential turn signals.
The video on the site doesn't do it justice as it doesn't demo the activation.

I

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Just added the AlphaRex Pro series G2 Black . Absolutely love them! Also the sealing is very well done, looking forward to lots of use without moisture build up. Also, so incredible looking on truck startup, has a cool activation look. Love the sequential turn signals.
The video on the site doesn't do it justice as it doesn't demo the activation.

I
The activation feature is definitely my favorite thing about those headlights, I'm glad you're happy with them!

Any pictures?
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/my-morimoto-lights-came-in-today.188688/post-2657487 This thread has some more pictures and videos throughout

Frank Lee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
According to trs, the morimotos sequential turn signals don't work with canadian trucks

Unfortunately, the fact that it is from Canada is most likely the issue, and these will not work properly with that vehicle. The lighting system is different with Canadian spec vehicles, specifically regarding the DRL system, as that is very different from US requirements. I am sorry about this, I wish there was more I could do for you here. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I am here to help. Thank you for your time, and have a great day! -Elliot@TRS

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
That doesn't sound right cause like my sequential turn signal works and I'm located in Ontario, I'm sure whichever issues people may experience in Canada can change the code with OBDlink. I just know that I haven't ran into the issue personally even before installing the lighting harness that came a little later for me. Hopefully this helps with anyone considering getting a set for a Canadian made ram!

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
Bought Morimoto XB everything. Put tail lights on and have "service trailer brake" and rear sensors temporarily disabled. Contacted Morimmoto and their canned answer is Send a picture and we will send to our product department. They have 2 people who are suppose to be technical support (per Travis) and they just pass it on. Can't put in the headlights because adapters backordered 4 to 6 weeks. Anybody have an idea on the tail light issue?

OP
OP
Canadianbreed

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Bought Morimoto XB everything. Put tail lights on and have "service trailer brake" and rear sensors temporarily disabled. Contacted Morimmoto and their canned answer is Send a picture and we will send to our product department. They have 2 people who are suppose to be technical support (per Travis) and they just pass it on. Can't put in the headlights because adapters backordered 4 to 6 weeks. Anybody have an idea on the tail light issue?
Dam I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your taillights, I never had any issues personally with mine and they were completely plug and play with no additional stuff that had to be done l unlike my headlights when I installed them. I hope you'll have the problem resolved, as that sounds new to me

nekkidhillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi

im guessing its due to the truck not being on led setting. you just need to change it with alfaobd id imagine and it will fix everthing. not sure what kind of adapter you need for the headlights? do they have a differnt socket that the h11 and 9005?

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
So far, no reply to their requested emails. They told me when I ordered them they were not for the factory led replacemnt. Plug and now Pray. You call on the phone and sit on hold for 1.5 hours and they have no answer to issue.