Getting ready to mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

armykyle1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Weather has been crap lately and I hurt one of my hands which caused delays.

But tonight I pulled off the broken air box, replaced the leaking valve cover gaskets. Which were only leaking because half the bolts weren't torqued right. Then practically ripped the oil filter in half trying to get it off. That's one of many reasons I hate quick lube places.

The truck was about about a quart low on oil and I looked into the intake valley. Looked to only have a light sheen of oil, which is normal for most cars. So I don't think the plenum gasket has failed. But there was definitely a fair amount of oil being lost through the valve covers.

I also did a light cleaning and on the TB and the idle is much more smooth now. My only drivability issues now are the cruise control not working and the TV cable sticking. I'll be pulling the TV cable, try to relube it and replace the return return spring at the transmission. All the vacuum lines look to be good, so it'll take more trouble shooting on the cruise.

My last bit of urgent maintenance is the PS return line leaking. Once I resolve that, I will begin the header install. Which I'll probably tie into the stock exhaust with a reducer. Which I'll eventually upgrade.

Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
A

armykyle1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also just ordered a cheap ebay "cat back" system. Hopefully it'll match up with the the LTs Y-pipe
Header install will start this weekend hopefully. Should be a lot easier than headers on my 2018 mustang lol.

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you put up a few pics of the header flanges, I,m interested I n a set of these also.Thanks.

OP
OP
A

armykyle1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Work and my personal life has been crazy. But I was finally able to start on the header install. Bad news is, neither side fits right. I also had to pull the brake booster to get the drivers side header in. I had to dent one of the primaries to give me about a 1/4" of clearance to the frame. Not too much though.

The passenger side literally just falls in but it going to require more "adjusting". Not a huge issue though.

This could be due to the old motor mounts and trans mount too.

The other area of concern is where the up stream 02 placement is. It's in the passenger side collector rather than the Y-pipe like the stock design. Hopefully it doesn't cause an issue.

I also fixed my oil pressure issue by replacing the oil sending unit.

20190319_202100.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mop
OP
OP
A

armykyle1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the headers on and clearanced properly. Everything looks now. Got the "cat back" on too. Truck sounds great. There's a very noticeable difference in throttle response and power throughout the RPM band. Only thing left is to either get a tune or setup a no fouler on the rear 02 to get rid of the CEL.