Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevinwright43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
So, some background information: 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel 3.0, DEF deleted. I bought it used with 220k (140k miles) on it. Recently, I had a diesel shop replace my engine timing cover (due to it leaking). After the replacement I drove it about 130km and my fuel injector line burst and sprayed diesel all over my engine compartment (Not sure if that is related or not). They fixed that issue for free and I thought I was good on maintenance at least for awhile. Not so…last week I got the flashing “glow plug“ icon and then a Check Engine Light. As such I thought it would be a great time to utilize my new AlfaOBD, bluetooth reader and tablet I have specifically for these kinds of situations. The codes that popped up are as follows:

P06BC - Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit Performance
P258B - Electric Vacuum Pump Performance

Now, I figured that since the glow plugs should be replaced every 100k miles that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to replace them all no matter what the actual cause is, then I can be sure of them and when they went in. Mainly, because I am kinda worried that perhaps the issue was because of all the diesel that was all over my engine block for who knows how long, perhaps it could have cooked the glow plug? Other than that I am not sure how to diagnose the issue, is this something that could do with the glow plug (wiring harness?) I am not even sure what that piece is called? So, any tips or tricks to diagnosing this issue more would be greatly appreciated. (Everything my code reader showed will be added into the pictures for this).

The Electric Vacuum Pump Performance, I am completely lost on. I do not even know where to begin…I am looking for leaks a leak in the brake line somewhere? I am pretty sure it is a brake issue based on the name. The full OBD code will be posted in the pictures for this as well in case there is information that is given that I just don’t know how to understand.

Any and all help and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2518.jpeg
    IMG_2518.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2517.jpeg
    IMG_2517.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 8

Ecosqueasl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
The glow plug wiring harness may be at fault, check the connections on the glow plugs and if any of the clips/plugs are broken that may be your issue.