GM's not looking so good on this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May depend upon Country laws since you are in Canada vs US and each state does have their own particular financial laws. Never hurts to really read those contracts in full and fully understand if anyone is trying to pull the wool over somebodies eyes, like it does not happen (sic).

I'm always amazed that some states seem to allow endless sneaky $hit financial arrangements.

E pluribus unum & caveat emptor reigns. LOL

I've only financed one new truck through a manufacturer, my Ram was the first & only new vehicle for me. For any other used vehicles, new motorcycles, houses, etc, I insist on reading every word of the contract or purchase agreement and ask questions when the legalieze crap gets too thick. :cool:

Bank loans & mortgages seemed to be the worst with insanely complicated methods to make simple statements. My standard operating procedure (SOP) is the same whenever my signature is required.

Doesn't everyone read before signing their lives away? :cool:

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've only financed one new truck through a manufacturer, my Ram was the first & only new vehicle for me. For any other used vehicles, new motorcycles, houses, etc, I insist on reading every word of the contract or purchase agreement and ask questions when the legalieze crap gets too thick. :cool:

Bank loans & mortgages seemed to be the worst with insanely complicated methods to make simple statements. My standard operating procedure (SOP) is the same whenever my signature is required.

Doesn't everyone read before signing their lives away? :cool:
Honestly, I have seen too many PPL just do the Sign and Drive thing, especially near Military Installations. I cannot tell you how many times I have sat down and counselled Military Members on finances and car loans and bounced checks, and pending foreclosures, and and, geez, maybe I should write a book (NOT).

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, I have seen too many PPL just do the Sign and Drive thing, especially near Military Installations. I cannot tell you how many times I have sat down and counselled Military Members on finances and car loans and bounced checks, and pending foreclosures, and and, geez, maybe I should write a book (NOT).

I know, I was trying to be facetious. :cool:

I swear that the bulk of contracts are designed to intimidate us and manipulate people into signing off without understanding, for fear of appearing less intelligent or less financially knowledgeable. Many would prefer to just trust than feel a wee bit daft. LOL

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know, I was trying to be facetious. :cool:

I swear that the bulk of contracts are designed to intimidate us and manipulate people into signing off without understanding, for fear of appearing less intelligent or less financially knowledgeable. Many would prefer to just trust than feel a wee bit daft. LOL
BOIRD knows ref yer comments. I's just a dumb BOIRD, smart when need to be. BUT I sign nothing, etc till I fully understand all the BS that tends to be in contracts, ESPECIALLY auto deals, U talk about slippery stuff, LOL. WHY I cross out all dat stuff and "initial" NO WAY Jose, hee hee.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Chrysler Dealers aren't any better,as they have stupid mark-ups on alot of the hi-po and last call cars.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chrysler Dealers aren't any better,as they have stupid mark-ups on alot of the hi-po and last call cars.

OMG, that's a beautiful-looking car.

I haven't owned a car in decades but that could be first on my list after my next lottery payout. :cool:

And a second OMG followed by a large WTF. Not available in a standard transmission???

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/1...tte-z06-will-not-offer-a-manual-transmission/

I'll need a new dream car, post-lottery. It must have a stick for serious license-threatening fun!

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Is this kind of financing detail very common with large manufacturer financing?

I'm no lawyer but I read every last word in my purchase/financing agreement and my loan looks to be 100% open and I can pay it off or transfer it at any time without penalty AFAIK.

It's more or less because of the type of car. Hard to get, limited numbers, big money, ect. are a few of the reasons because like said, someone could buy them up and flip it making $30k+ profit.
For example, when Super Duties or new RAM duallies were really hard to get, theres a company near me that were buying them up brand new, throwing shiny wheels on them and reselling them for $150k+ for an advertised price $90k truck making it even harder for anyone else to get. And those trucks aren't "limited number" vehicles.
I guess GM figures if you want to profit from the limited production specialty vehicles it's going to cost you the warranty.
Could be worse, they could of said the warranty is non-transferable. Atleast you only have to wait 6-12 mo. to resell it.

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Simple: Read the contract, and don't complain when you violate the contract and you don't like the outcome.
I don't see a problem.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Simple: Read the contract, and don't complain when you violate the contract and you don't like the outcome.
I don't see a problem.

Hey I can't say you're wrong. With all the small print and paperwork one could argue you should have it all reviewed by an attorney before signing if you have trouble comprehending.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
The fact that so many on here accept legal contracts that almost no lay person can understand boggles my mind. What you should be fighting for is plain english contracts. If they won't give you that, make them take the price of the lawyer consult off the purchese price. If enough people refuse to sign these one sided agreements stuff would change, but most just rollover and take it.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The fact that so many on here accept legal contracts that almost no lay person can understand boggles my mind. What you should be fighting for is plain english contracts. If they won't give you that, make them take the price of the lawyer consult off the purchese price. If enough people refuse to sign these one sided agreements stuff would change, but most just rollover and take it.

Yeah, you know what will change? Meatballs won't be able to go home and brag to their friends about their new Cadillac, and it will open up a spot for the next meatball to sign & drive!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Is this kind of financing detail very common with large manufacturer financing?

Nothing to do with financing. GM plainly told people if you buy one of a certain hand full of high demand/low supply vehicles if you flip it the warranty will not go with it. you can pay with cash, finance, or barter and it's irrelevant to this. GM is just trying to limit flipping of vehicles. Ford should take note for the Bronco and Raptor. Also flipilicious vehicles at the moment.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Nothing to do with financing. GM plainly told people if you buy one of a certain hand full of high demand/low supply vehicles if you flip it the warranty will not go with it. you can pay with cash, finance, or barter and it's irrelevant to this. GM is just trying to limit flipping of vehicles. Ford should take note for the Bronco and Raptor. Also flipilicious vehicles at the moment.
Wait till dealers/collectors etc., start getting their hands on the Last Call cars.I've already seen 1 dealer asking $500,000 for one of the Black Ghost cars

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
When i bought my 2009 Dodge Ram SLT, i went to my Credit Union with some paperwork from Dodge, to get Pre Approval
The Credit Union told me to finance through the dealership
The dealership told me that i had a couple choices for financing.
One was through Chrysler & because of the Depression, the Finance Officer at Dodge told me to go to a Huge Credit Union for the Loan.
I went back to my own credit union & they could not match the larger credit unions Rate.

With my 2016, i paid with 2 Cashiers Checks to the Dodge Dealership & then i went to my Credit Union & borrowed money against the Ram.
I paid that Loan off in payments to build up my Credit Line
The 2016 Paperwork, Title, Pink Slip, what ever is some where, Dodge says they gave it to the DMV when a gave them the 2nd cashiers check,
DMV says that they have no records of any transaction, My Credit Union claims that they never had it when i took the loan out against the Ram.

The DMV still sends me my Registrations & some special Emissions fees & paper work & Dodge sends me all of the recalls, so someone has my ownership papers.
I have a shoe box with all the transactions in it, so i am not worried, it is almost comical :)