Go rhino rb20 sidesteps installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Also just installed the go rhino rb20 side steps. Install was pretty straight forward. I like it much better that the factory ram tubular steps that I took off. They are just a step not really for rock crawling or heavy offloading but very nice step and look cool for only $550. I looked at several steps but liked these the best. Not really into the power steps I know too many people that always have problems with them. So I hope these will hold up.

20180516_124806.jpg

20180516_124738.jpg

20180516_124915.jpg

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yesterday i installed GoRhino RB10s on my 18 power wagon and they are the biggest pieces of garbage Ive ever dealt with. After install i could flex them up and down with my hand and the brackets bent the first time i stepped on them. I took them right off!

How flexy are yours? Do they have mounts that go to the pinch welds or just the inside of the body?

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, want to sell me your factory steps? I'm in southern PA

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yesterday i installed GoRhino RB10s on my 18 power wagon and they are the biggest pieces of garbage Ive ever dealt with. After install i could flex them up and down with my hand and the brackets bent the first time i stepped on them. I took them right off!

How flexy are yours? Do they have mounts that go to the pinch welds or just the inside of the body?
Wow...I have the rb10s on my '17 big horn and they are pretty damn solid.

Where did you buy yours from?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow...I have the rb10s on my '17 big horn and they are pretty damn solid.

Where did you buy yours from?

I bought them off craigslist but they were brand new sealed in the box. Do yours have mounts to the pinch welds?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought them off craigslist but they were brand new sealed in the box. Do yours have mounts to the pinch welds?
Mine came with z shaped brackets that you tilt into the holes in the rocker panels. The brackets for the running boards bolt to studs or nuts that are welded to the z shaped brackets. The front holes in my truck already had nutserts welded in from the factory so I bolted the front board bracket to them. The other 2 brackets on each side used the z shaped stud/weldnut setup

Almost all the boards and steps available for the 1500s mount to the rocker panel holes, even the OEM ones.

LakeFisher

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Also just installed the go rhino rb20 side steps. Install was pretty straight forward. I like it much better that the factory ram tubular steps that I took off. They are just a step not really for rock crawling or heavy offloading but very nice step and look cool for only $550. I looked at several steps but liked these the best. Not really into the power steps I know too many people that always have problems with them. So I hope these will hold up.

View attachment 128452

View attachment 128453

View attachment 128454
Those look great. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have ordered mine with the OEM steps.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I agree they aren't quite as solid as I would like but they aren't terrible. I had the rb10s on my tundra and they felt really solid. These have a little flex but I haven't noticed any bending of brackets yet

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I bought from autoanything.com they had them at the lowest cost I could find. They come in 2 finishes i got the bedliner finish which are $550 but u can get them in a powder coat textured finish for about $395

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure I would be willing to sell you my factory steps. Just let me know and we can set something up.

Thanks for the offer and taking the time to reply. I actually picked up a set this morning from my local Ram dealer so Im all set.

I've also called GoRhino twice now trying to understand why my RB10 GoRhino running boards were uselessly flexy and both times they offered no explanation or resolution.

I stared doing some research and GoRhino appears to be the only company that does not incude a mounting bracket to the pinch weld. All the other companies do. Unreal.

The OEM boards I installed this morning are super stout! 5 guys could stand on one side I'm sure.

OP
OP
Sdreeser

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yes the factory ones do feel solid. Did the ones u bought have 3 brackets on each side or 2? Mine only came with 2 no middle bracket but the steps and the truck have mounting for a middle bracket which I was kind of confused to why there wasn't one installed

PW2018PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the factory ones do feel solid. Did the ones u bought have 3 brackets on each side or 2? Mine only came with 2 no middle bracket but the steps and the truck have mounting for a middle bracket which I was kind of confused to why there wasn't one installed

Mine came with 3 brackets on each side.

Vrede

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Thanks for the offer and taking the time to reply. I actually picked up a set this morning from my local Ram dealer so Im all set.

I've also called GoRhino twice now trying to understand why my RB10 GoRhino running boards were uselessly flexy and both times they offered no explanation or resolution.

I stared doing some research and GoRhino appears to be the only company that does not incude a mounting bracket to the pinch weld. All the other companies do. Unreal.

The OEM boards I installed this morning are super stout! 5 guys could stand on one side I'm sure.

I don't understand. I'm looking to buy the RB20s and the instructions show them installing on pinch weld and have having 3 brackets. What am I missing?

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
weird. I had both the RB10 and the RB 20 boards on my silverado. I had 4 brackets on each side. the RB10's were ****. The finish started separating on three pairs. I switched to RB20's and took some rock guard and coated the bottoms. I didn't have a problem with the RB20's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956