Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going from Glock to S&W

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Philip, May 16, 2020.

1. Philip

Philip Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    V6
    Recently I purchased two of these M2.0's they are great pistols. I traded in a 4th Gen Glock 17 and payed the rest. I already have two AR's from S&W, and never had issues. What I like about these, is the grip, grip angle, STEEL magazines, stock steel sights, 17 round capacity in a Glock 19 sized pistol. Only thing that sucks is each pistol only comes with 2 magazines, and they are like $35 each to buy.

I still have two Gen 5 17's & a 43X, still love Glock, but WOW I wish I found these pistols earlier to be honest, they fit my hand much better, the grip texture is INSANE!

IMG_0345.jpg

Hemi832 likes this.
  2. Travelin Ram

Travelin Ram Senior Member

Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
    Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Nice! I’ve always liked S&W.

I’m considering a change myself to divest my assortment of guns in favor of Glocks in various calibers. I don’t shoot much recreationally anymore, and I’d like to just have one type to stay familiar with, while retaining the capability to use various ammo.

I actually prefer US manufacturers where possible, but the simplicity of the Glock appeals. Plus I’ve already got some of them.

3. Purplert

Purplert Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Put some Talon gun grips on them and enjoy them even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. crazykid1994

crazykid1994 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have a S&W shield 9mm. It’s to small for my hands. It was bought for my girlfriend, I have a glock 30s I bought for me. Turned out to be to large to personal carry. Has since turned into the home gun. I have since purchased a Springfield armory xds .45. Between the S&W and the Springfield is a tough fight. The Springfield fits my hand perfectly. They come with great grips. Everything about the gun just feels nice. It has adjustable grip size as well. Comes with tritium sights. Optional for 3.3” or 4” barrel length. I purchased the 4”. Figured as a .45 the 4” length would be more controllable. The S&W shield 9mm shoots super smooth and has very little recoil. My glock 30s shoots very smooth as well. Not much recoil on either of those. I have not had the chance to take my Springfield to the range yet.

5. NETim

NETim Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L
    The Smith M&P is a great gun. It's tough to beat those ugly Glocks though.

6. RandomRam

RandomRam Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.4 Hemi
    You can get mags for $25 from Botach occasionally. The 2.0 is equal to Glock. I just wish the texture was a little less harsh, not as comfortable on the belt as a Glock.

7. Hanover Fiste

Hanover Fiste Member Military

Ram Year:
    2005, 2018
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    I've had both--I still have my G19. I didn't care for the trigger action on the S&W.