Going to LED/Reflector Housing HDLTs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWALTON57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L V6
Hello, first off I am new to this forum. I could not find an answer to this on the forum and if there is please pin it for me to check out. With that said, I am starting to do some minor comfort upgrades to my 2Gen truck and have chose to run LED Headlts over HID mainly for cost and appearance (for me personally I don't care for the crazy euro headlights for this vehicle, I think they all look silly). My question to everyone is will LED bulbs react weirdly to the OEM or aftermarket OEM style reflector housings? I cannot find anything showing an LED in a reflector online anywhere. Most everyone I know runs HID but I dont personally like the projector style lenses for the 2Gens and I have heard unless you run HID the proj lenses aren't really going to work well. Reason for changing is that it's a daily driver just below 75k original and I want to keep it safe and running another 17 plus years since it only logs around 5k mi annually. With it being so old I'd like to bring some life back with a few easy modern upgrades that still keep it simple and stock looking in appearance but have some newer flavor added here or there. The lenses I'm getting to replace the front are going to be the reflector OEM style but smoked and contain an LED DRL also. My truck doesnt have an option from factory for DRL so I'm also wondering what needs to be done to get those to light up. My guess is feed a splice to the park lights but I dont know and would hate to tear up anything as it's still 99% factory minus the AM/FM radio which gave out around 70k and normal things such as tires and maintenance needs. I've got many plans but the LED in a reflector topic I cannot find an answer to and I've looked for months now. Anyone who has tried this or is running LEDs in reflector style housings please let me know what I need to know, anything to be informed about, 2Gen specific issues I may see changing to LED etc. My apologies for this being long winded, I wanted to cover what I could with little question. Thanks and look forward to reading what can be passed on.