Going with short headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm tired of the exhaust manifold bolts breaking and I'm going to fix it permanently so I've decided to go with the JBA titanium ceramic coated short headers, i'd love to buy the Kooks but they are just a little too expensive for my tastes. I've already got the Remflex gaskets, is the hardware that comes with these sufficient or should I use a different brand? I'm planning on setting a weekend aside to install these and I want to make sure I have everything on hand that I will need for the install.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The bolts it comes with are perfectly fine.You only torque the Remflex gaskets to 20 lb-ft,and do not bend them,they don't like it much,lol

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Be careful where you install the dipstick afterwards, mine snapped or keep lokar flexible dipsticks in mind

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Be careful where you install the dipstick afterwards, mine snapped or keep lokar flexible dipsticks in mind
I'll make sure to have one on hand before I do this, thanks for the heads up.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'll make sure to have one on hand before I do this, thanks for the heads up.
ED 5015-24 i think is the number you want for the Lokar dipstick.That gives you the 24" version,which is long enough to bolt to the brake master cylinder. I had a custom one made up years ago that's 31" long and it reaches up to roughly where the stock hardline dipstick used to sit.