Good 10ply

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welderwilly85

Reaction score
Ram Year
20-5
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys just wondering what 265/70r17 10 plys y’all are running... it’s about time for new shoes on my ram!

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
hey guys just wondering what 265/70r17 10 plys y’all are running... it’s about time for new shoes on my ram!
It is really going to depend on your use case. For example, Nitto makes several different Grappler tires. Terra, Ridge, Exo, etc. Each has strengths and weaknesses. For all around use that includes hauling and highway, the Exo Grappler is the most versatile. For trail use the Ridge Grappler is better than the other two mentioned. It is a similar scenario with other brands.

So, what is your mainuse case, then secondary, etc.? The answer to this will help you choose the best tire.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Michelin Defenders for non offroad use.
Quiet, good handling, long wearing.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

+1!

I got 36k out of the Goodyear Wrangler AT's (load range E) that came stock on my outdoorsman. I could have got a couple thousand more out of them, tread ranged from 4/32 on the low tire to just under 6/32 on the good tire. I replaced them for 2 reasons. First, I didn't want to go into winter with a tire at 4/32. Secondly, that 265/70/17 looked horribly undersized in the wheel wells and irritated the S out of me from day one. I promised myself (and the wife, lol) I would wait until the original tires wore out before buying bigger tires.

I considered the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 but went with the BFG KO2. I had them on my F-150 and one of my Broncos and loved them. Both of these tires have the mountain snow flake symbol.

*edit* just to clarify, the F-150 and Bronco were pre KO2, and had the original BFG all terrain, pretty much the same tire.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1!

I got 36k out of the Goodyear Wrangler AT's (load range E) that came stock on my outdoorsman. I could have got a couple thousand more out of them, tread ranged from 4/32 on the low tire to just under 6/32 on the good tire. I replaced them for 2 reasons. First, I didn't want to go into winter with a tire at 4/32. Secondly, that 265/70/17 looked horribly undersized in the wheel wells and irritated the S out of me from day one. I promised myself (and the wife, lol) I would wait until the original tires wore out before buying bigger tires.

I considered the Nitto Terra Grappler G2 but went with the BFG KO2. I had them on my F-150 and one of my Broncos and loved them. Both of these tires have the mountain snow flake symbol.

*edit* just to clarify, the F-150 and Bronco were pre KO2, and had the original BFG all terrain, pretty much the same tire.

Yeah I have 45k on mine 40% thread left. I don't tow a ton but do some.

OP
OP
Welderwilly85

Welderwilly85

Reaction score
Ram Year
20-5
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Rod Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
+1 On the Michelin Defenders LTX's. Tires have been around for a long time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye