Good article comparing Shorties to Long tubes on a Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The H00ker cast iron manifold, was their idea of an iron manifold. The junk cast log that our trucks come with were never used nor mentioned.

It would be interesting to see if the H00ker cast iron manifold would provide any gains over Ram stock iron manifolds. Just by looking, you'd think the H00ker manifold would perform a little better.

But if you're going to put on H00ker iron manifolds, why not just go with Shorty Headers?

Shorty Headers are my second favorite mod on my truck.

Yeah, Long Tubes always win. Dammit! Lol.

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The H00ker cast iron manifold, was their idea of an iron manifold. The junk cast log that our trucks come with were never used nor mentioned.

It would be interesting to see if the H00ker cast iron manifold would provide any gains over Ram stock iron manifolds. Just by looking, you'd think the H00ker manifold would perform a little better.

But if you're going to put on H00ker iron manifolds, why not just go with Shorty Headers?

Shorty Headers are my second favorite mod on my truck.

Yeah, Long Tubes always win. Dammit! Lol.

Why not? Because they don't fit a heavy duty truck. Ram 2500 & 3500 have deep-drawn frame rails....much deeper than the half ton 1500, to accomodate the tall Cummins diesel engine. The Hemi's are dropped into the deep rails of the heavy duty trucks such that the exhaust manifolds are much closer to the frame rails than on the half tons.

Shorty headers do not fit the heavy duties. The long tube ARH headers don't even fit - the dipstick tube has to be bent and some other stuff moved (cables).

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Reviving this thread because Freiburger is on Engine Masters tonight testing long tube headers. MotorTrend TV, Series 8 Episode 9.

For those that have access.