Good looking wheels that will last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to order a 2021 Laramie. I don't love any of the wheel choices offered by Ram. Any opinions of after market wheels that don’t pit and rust immediately? I put chrome on my silverado, only used them in summers and they look terrible 5 years and 40k miles later. I think one thing I learned is not to bother with knockoffs (ie some company on eBay makes a wheel that looks factory similar but chrome). My brother has 8 year old akuza rims they still look perfect, but akuza is gone. What brands and styles of chrome do people here trust?

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, the "style" of wheel is preference and really the brand is too. But, what you ultimately have to think about is cost. You could buy a forged wheel which is going to be much lighter (and stronger) that your stock wheel - and really any other type of material for your wheel. You can look at 1-piece, 2-piece, gloss, matte, machined, milled, etc.. and really could keep on going. You'll still have to take care of the wheel regardless of the type, but ceramic coating is another way to go to protect your investment.

Personally, I prefer a forged wheel because I know it's cut from a single block and will have less weight and more strength. But, that also comes with a much higher cost.

Some wheels - in my opinion - that are good considerations would be Hostile, Fuel, and TIS for standard wheels. I know TIS and Fuel have Forged options as well but am not sure about Hostile. Again, preference is key and I recommend to do some homework regarding what you really want in a wheel. After all, your whole rig is riding on them.

You can also contact folks with the various vendors and often will be able to talk to a rep that can give you advice even if you don't purchase their wheels. I've dealt with Mr. Wheel Deal, Custom Offsets, 4-Wheel Parts, and SoCal Customs and have had good experiences with all of them. Mr. Wheel Deal was a little more difficult until I asked for a quote, then they opened up a little. If you choose to contact SoCal Customs, I recommend asking for Audie. He has done several good deals for me, my brothers, and a few friends.

Good luck to you as you pursue this search, but also know that you don't have to break the bank to get a good wheel. But, look around and remember - don't settle for less that what you really want.