good story ending, Lifetime Factory Unlimited Milage Warranty is GOLD in the bank.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndoe123123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A lot of times stuff like batteries, alignment, etc are 12 month items.

Thirty8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So if a caliper goes bad that is covered under that gold warranty, will they also replace the brakes caused by the caliper freezing up?

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, My Service Advisor informed me that it could possibly be another 6 to 8 weeks before my new tranny arrives. He admitted this is a WAG. Story is that all the 66RFE trannys are going to new production and replacement trannys are not shipping until production has a surplus which due to part supply issues is not likely to be resolved anytime soon. I am thankful that I am driving a loaner at no cost to me even though my Lifetime Warranty only covers the first $175. I went to retrieve a couple of items out of my tool box and was happy to see my truck is sitting under a covered tent style parking area.

I miss my PW and the 2WD 1500 is serving me well and saving some fuel costs. My wife and I go everywhere in it leaving her SUV parked in the garage. So far I have put over 3000 miles on it.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So if a caliper goes bad that is covered under that gold warranty, will they also replace the brakes caused by the caliper freezing up?
I can see this being a case-by-case basis.

Meaning if you have a good working relationship with your service department, and you're not in there screaming and yelling at them every time there's a problem with your truck, then they'll likely figure out a way to replace the pads at no cost to you. Heck my dealer has even waived the $100 deductible for me in the past.

However, the Lifetime Maxxcare specifically calls out brake pads as a normal wear item that isn't covered unless a flaw in workmanship is discovered. So if you're raising a major fuss, they're probably going to stick to the letter of the agreement and make you pay for pads.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update, My Service Advisor informed me that it could possibly be another 6 to 8 weeks before my new tranny arrives. He admitted this is a WAG. Story is that all the 66RFE trannys are going to new production and replacement trannys are not shipping until production has a surplus which due to part supply issues is not likely to be resolved anytime soon. I am thankful that I am driving a loaner at no cost to me even though my Lifetime Warranty only covers the first $175. I went to retrieve a couple of items out of my tool box and was happy to see my truck is sitting under a covered tent style parking area.

I miss my PW and the 2WD 1500 is serving me well and saving some fuel costs. My wife and I go everywhere in it leaving her SUV parked in the garage. So far I have put over 3000 miles on it.
Your story, sir, gives me hope that i made the right choice in getting the maxcare warranty.

However, i think much of it may come down to the dealer and how they like to treat people. You sound like you have a great dealership to work with.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Your story, sir, gives me hope that i made the right choice in getting the maxcare warranty.

However, i think much of it may come down to the dealer and how they like to treat people. You sound like you have a great dealership to work with.
While I share your sentiment...his story makes me hope that I don't need to use my Maxxcare warranty until the supply chain issues have been resolved. I don't want to be without my truck for 6-8 months since most dealers around here don't have new stock, and any loaners they have are tiny crossover things.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE My Service Advisor called and asked me what the milage is on the loaner. I told him and he asked if I would come in so they can service it. As of today I have put almost 5000 miles on the loaner. ETA now end of August for new tranny to arrive. My PW has been sitting under a giant tent for 10 weeks , im wondering how the battery is holding up. I drive on rough 2 tracks every day on the ranch checking on cattle and such and my PW has over 70,000 miles on factory shocks and Ive never thought they were shot yet, The 1500 RAM loaner has about 40,000 miles and since I got it the shocks have gone from , this isn't terrible, to this truck rides like a pogo stick and really really sucks.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased Factory Lifetime Unlimited Milage Warranty when I bought the truck. At ~40,000 miles it bought me a new Radio Screen and Chrysler refunded my warranty $100 deductible because it was out of factory warranty but that screen had known issues. I was happy.

At ~50,000 miles driving unloaded on the highway my tranny went into 4th gear limp mode (did not know that was a thing at the time) I tried manually shifting +/- , switched on Tow Mode, nothing so I pulled off the road , turned ignition off , restarted and all good. No other issues for next ~2000 miles.

When I took it in for the next service I advised them of the "stuck in 4th" thing. They said that "no codes showed on diagnostics".

At ~60,000 miles same thing , same response from dealer when serviced again. No codes.

I experience "limp mode" 3 or 4 more times between 60,000 service and ~72,000 . Back to dealer , they said "well you were supposed to have tranny serviced at 60,000, fluid change and 2 filters, that is your problem" I reminded them that I had told them of the issue 2 other times when in for service way before 60,000. They shrugged me off. I had them change F and R Diffs and TC fluids and service Tranny , fluids and 2 filters. Again, "all looks good, no codes"

BTW, owner's manual says Trans service at 60,000 if used as Fleet, Taxi, or "frequent towing" 120,000 miles otherwise. I tow a bass boat and a 2 horse trailer occasionally as I have another rig for heavy everyday ranch work/towing

At ~77,000 the truck started bucking , erratic shifts, limp mode, loud kick in the butt when shifting into reverse , shift from 1st to second RPMs skyrocket and then bang into 2nd.

I limped it to a different dealer , Moritz in Ft Worth , and the Adviser plugged in diagnostic reader right there on the spot and said "there are all kinds of codes" and next day was told my tranny was dead and either needed complete rebuild or replacement and Chrysler would decide. They decided to replace it. Today they said Tranny was on backorder and may possibly be a month or longer. They said my warranty only covers first $175 of rental but "no worries" Chrysler is covering 100% and you will get a 1/2 ton truck not a car since obviously that is what you prefer.

That $3000 warranty is golden, that truck will be in my barn till the day I die. I've put the lifetime warranty to the test and Chrysler passed with flying colors.

If you live anywhere near Ft Worth, Moritz Chrysler Dodge RAM Jeep will take good care of you! Im taking my Service Advisor a bottle of Jack when I pick my PW up.
U R fortunate. I have a decent dealer here too. A bottle of Jack for the SA and maybe a case of beer for the tech who did the work goes so far, not funny. GL on all that. Wish I could get the lifetime, but no dice, so I bought the 8/85 so I am good for another 4 and change.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
U R fortunate. I have a decent dealer here too. A bottle of Jack for the SA and maybe a case of beer for the tech who did the work goes so far, not funny. GL on all that. Wish I could get the lifetime, but no dice, so I bought the 8/85 so I am good for another 4 and change.
A bottle of Jack does only go so far for what? It will be a gift after the job is complete , not as a bribe. What is "not funny" ? That comment makes absolutely no contextual sense. As far as "Good Luck with all that" Good Luck with what? No luck involved , I bought the lifetime warranty and got a big discount on both the PW -$6200, and the warranty -$650, because of good negotiation skills and a dealer that wanted to move it.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update

I took may truck in to dealer April 21. 8 months 4 days ago. I have elevated to RAM Customer Service and was told they would expedite the transmission. Friday I was told they don't have an ETA for the tranny. They did say they were giving me 10 free oil changes and tire rotations and a new battery. I went to dealer a month ago to fetch a couple items I had left it the console and the battery was dead from sitting 8 months. At least they have had my truck under a tent covered lot the entire time. I am on my 3rd loaner 1500 2WD . Ive put over 12,000 miles on 3 them. They keep swapping them out when its time for oil change.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW, that does suk, but at least they R giving U loaners to run , which is a heck of a lot more than most dealers do. MY dealer, they had the TSB for the hood rattle/vibration to do on MY 19 DT truck where it had to stay overnight. My SA had a mechanic drive me home 45 miles and come back the next day and pick me up to get truck. Now, cannot complain about that.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow ,you both have something good with your service department’s.It’s a shame more aren’t like that.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Service Advisor called today and said Chrysler was going to replace my transmission with a Jasper Remanufactured unit.

Does anyone know if Jasper rebuilds 66RFE with better components and/or corrects any of that transmission's weaknesses?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Jasper has been known to have issues but mostly their Hemi's.
Does not matte,r in any way shape or form since you have the lifetime warranty. let chrysler replace it 20 times over, if they want to.

imagine this is just to get you out of the rental.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jasper has been known to have issues but mostly their Hemi's.
Does not matte,r in any way shape or form since you have the lifetime warranty. let chrysler replace it 20 times over, if they want to.

imagine this is just to get you out of the rental.
I am hoping Jasper's rebuild it better , regardless of my unlimited warranty it would be awesome to have a better tranny

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
My Service Advisor called today and said Chrysler was going to replace my transmission with a Jasper Remanufactured unit.

Does anyone know if Jasper rebuilds 66RFE with better components and/or corrects any of that transmission's weaknesses?

Jasper is a budget rebuild, not a performance rebuild.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So they are going to stick it to you , good luck with that transmission. Please keep us updated on any issues you encounter with your jasper . I would recheck to make certain you have to accept that.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Eleven months later, am I the only one seeing some irony in the title of this post?

On a more helpful note, I suggest clarifying with RAM who is responsible for warranty of the replacement transmission. They may attempt to refer future problems over to Jasper’s warranty program. If you read Jasper warranty documentation, it’s not very reassuring.

OP
OP
R

r56ranch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At the time of my original post, I was happy to get a loaner truck since the Lifetime Unlimited Milage warranty only covers 3 days.
Here is what Jasper does on rebuilds of 66RFE

Common Failure / Concern:
from JASPER
JASPER Solution:
UD / OD clutch failure, burnt clutches •
Galling of pump cover •
Burning of torque converter lining •
Low pressure causing slipping • clutches
Loss of cooler flow and overheating •
Harsh TCC engagement because of • breakage of the TCC accumulator
spring
High transducer, speed sensor failure • rate
Installation of additional plates in both UD and OD clutches to increase torque holding capacity
100% installation of NEW pump bushing
100% replacement of converter lining
100% TCC limit valve installation to restore hydraulic integrity to the circuit
100% TCC limit valve bore reaming and installation of hardened sleeve
100% replacement of TCC accumulator spring
100% installation of governor transducer and speed sensors (2)

My warranty remains in full

Given the issues with the 66RFE, why would this not be better than a factory stock replacement?

To those that say Jasper is problematic , budget, RAM sticking it to me....do you have any real data or real first hand info, or just repeating something you read on the internet?