Good visual on how throttle assist boxes work (Pedal Cdr / Sprint Booster)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Thought this gave a good visual on how these things work. A picture's worth 1000 words right? This guy has a couple other vids where he trashes everything else on earth that does what the "Sprint Booster" does as being a cheap copy...etc, but he does give a good demo of the theory behind it.

woofie2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 v6
Nice, I never have really cared for the plugin boxes, they are an easier way to more power, but not better efficiency.

Addon plugin boxes adjust throttle response or add more fuel and boost, but do not adjust timing or fuel rates beyond stock settings.
chip tuning can adjust all aspects of operating making the ECU more fuel efficient with more power.

OP
OP
JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Nice, I never have really cared for the plugin boxes, they are an easier way to more power, but not better efficiency.

Addon plugin boxes adjust throttle response or add more fuel and boost, but do not adjust timing or fuel rates beyond stock settings.
chip tuning can adjust all aspects of operating making the ECU more fuel efficient with more power.

I agree, however this is a simple plug and play with no worries about voiding a warranty. I've tuned nearly every vehicle I've ever owned, but I'm not gonna write anything to the ECU on this one until the warranty is over.

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
This is a pretty cool demo, but what I would like to see is two digital percentage readouts:
1) Throttle %age coming out of pedal
2) Throttle %age coming out of box