Goodbye old friend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well more than 1 beer in and want to call the new owner and ask to buy it back. Why isn't there a support group for this kind of stuff? Lol

wtf they aint making them like that anymoe.

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
wtf they aint making them like that anymoe.
new one looks pretty similar, but too many little changes that make me not like it. Just makes more sense to drive the one with 3000 miles on it and lots of warranty vs the old one I preferred to drive.

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not going to lie. I'm struggling with it being gone.

I traded in my '07 TRX for us to get our current '17 BigHorn. It was paid off, looked great, ran like a bull and I loved the sh#t out of it. I had the salesman take a few shots of me with it before we signed the paperwork and drove off in the new wheels.

(Sorry if this is TMI)....My first wife died in June of 2004. I had an '97 Dakota at the time. We did everything in that truck - rafting, skiing, trips to canyonlands and Utah, camping. I bought it used, the front end was never right (the prior owner beat the crap out of it), but we loved it.

I was a wreck for many months - I traded it in for a lease on an '05 Dakota about 9 months later. What a mistake - just as I was getting my brain back together, I unloaded the truck and immediately fell apart again. The '05 Dak was a hard plastic, soulless machine.

I met a woman later that year, we got together and she came with me when I bought the '07 - actually encouraged the purchase. We drove to our wedding together in that '07. Rebuilt my life around her and the TRX. And after years of financial stress, I actually paid the thing off early. It was symbol of my recovery.

Then I traded it in for the '17. Which I still have, still paying for, and yeah, I like it. But damn if I didn't go thru all that new-car-buyer's-remorse/goodbye-old-friend stuff again. Dude, don't feel bad about getting emotional about letting the old truck go. Been there....twice.

I just hope this '17 outlives me. Can't go through all that again.

Last edited:

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
This does not have to be. If it is so hard to part with your truck, why do it? I already indicated my 2008 was bought new and it is now 11 years old and I have NO intention of selling it ever. I will just keep replacing parts and I expect to keep it for a minimum of 10 more years. It will get a full makeover in a few years and with a new paint job will look like new. The best truck you will ever have is the one that is paid off. You will have lots of $$$ to keep it roling with new parts to replace the worn out ones. Once I get used to a truck, and after my current 300000 km I know the cycles to failure of key parts, I know when to replace them. Other vehicles in our yard that all run and are mechanically fit, are a 1979 Chev short van, 2001 Dodge one ton 4WD, 1976 Chev one ton 4WD, 2006 loaded concourse Crown Victoria, and 1977 Blazer which is on track for installation of a new body bought and brought from Phoenix. All but the last one are in service. So why the weeping and wailing when one does not have to do what makes one weep and wail?