Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires - can't go offroad at all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FranklinOtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar 3.6
These are the stock tires that came with my 2019 warlock. I've gotten two flats now while mild offroading (4wd not necessary). Anyone else having similar issues with these tires?

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
These are the stock tires that came with my 2019 warlock. I've gotten two flats now while mild offroading (4wd not necessary). Anyone else having similar issues with these tires?
They're pretty much balloons designed to hold air while it sits on the lot. Very weak tire for anything other than pavement. Puncture easily in my experience driving on gravel and in the fields. Canola stubble murders them [emoji23]

Matty Moo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hate those tires with a passion. They wear fast, are horrible in snow and not much better in the rain.

My 14 came with them. When I bought my 16 the very first thing I did the first week was buy a set of generals and sold the sra's.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Lol. Dont use those tires off road at all.

I took it up a forest pass in Utah. And 18 miles in. Got a flat. That one sucked a pair of big ones.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I ran Goodyear SRAs on my Dakota for 17 years (4 sets) and my wife's Liberty for 16 years (3 sets) and they performed fantastic on both vehicles. I got my RAM 1500 with them on from the dealer and they were the worst tires I've ever owned. They just don't work well on the larger trucks. I replaced them within a year with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws and am very happy with the Falkens.

-K

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're pretty much balloons designed to hold air while it sits on the lot. Very weak tire for anything other than pavement. Puncture easily in my experience driving on gravel and in the fields. Canola stubble murders them [emoji23]

They are not good for pavement, either. I was able to get GY to warranty them out with under less than 1000 miles.

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be replacing my soon...:naughty:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got Discount Tire to replace mine at
110 miles due to them not being able to balance 3 of them. They had GY warranty them and I got over $600 in credit.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran Goodyear SRAs on my Dakota for 17 years (4 sets) and my wife's Liberty for 16 years (3 sets) and they performed fantastic on both vehicles. I got my RAM 1500 with them on from the dealer and they were the worst tires I've ever owned. They just don't work well on the larger trucks. I replaced them within a year with Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws and am very happy with the Falkens.

-K
Thats a very good point. I know a few people that love them on suvs. They were terrible on my 2018 1500. Huge difference with the Nitto g2s I put on in December.

Octane

Reaction score
My new sra's had less than a third of tread worn away 25k ago when I checked tread depth.Now they have about 1/4 of tread left maybe. They ride good enough for me and even in the rain.But I have mostly highway miles on them.Looks like they do wear fairly fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FranklinOtis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar 3.6
I actually had a unrepairable flat and unrepairable bulge (which held till I got to the tire shop) during my first flat event. GY gave me 60% credit, so I made the mistake of spending $220 for two new SRAs, because I didn't want 2 all terrain tires and 2 SRAs. I did hit a bedrock lip a little too fast, so thought maybe if I just slow it down they would be OK for the mild off roading I do. But this second event I hit nothing to my knowledge that should cause a flat on any tire. I'm getting it replaced for free at Discount Tire.

Anyone wanna buy some virtually new SRAs? I hate to do that cause I imagine I would have to take a 70%+ hit. Maybe I'll just carry two spares.

FWIW, I had a situation where I had to do 12 miles on a very nasty 4wd jeep trail, and the SRAs did fine.

RamRuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had both back tires get a hole on gravel on Saturday in my Stock Wrangler tires with 10k miles on them. Now I have 2 plugged tires and will be buying my 3rd set of Terra Grapplers ASAP. Those tires are garbage.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had these tires stock with 300 miles on them and sucked so bad in snow I stuck with them until one year went by and I got stuck in mud while hunting so while in my tree stand I ordered new tires online.

sam darakjy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Goodyear Sra's (17 Laramie)are pitiful just like Transforce Ht's (18 Tradesman).Finally able to sell 4 of them for 170 after 2 months on Craigslist. Bridgestone Revo 3' now and like night and day.

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
SRA or ST or HP, are not fit for a tire swing. GY Duratracs are great.

regulator54

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SLT Plus, Crew Cab 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya, they're P series baby buggy tires not meant for trucks. Had dealer change mine out to E load BFG KO2s before I took delivery of the truck.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running MasterCraft mtx 35x12x20 and they are great. After almost 30k miles I'm getting some low speed vibration but I NEVER get stuck ANYWHERE!