Got me a ARE topper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had several toppers on different trucks but never a finished out nice one before . This one is coming along nicely . Love the rear door . ARE lets you have several options . IMG_5135.JPG

OP
OP
geezer336

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it looks like an ol farts rig , well , it is ! LOL I want to do a few things to it next year . Suspension will need a little work . Mainly raise the front up a little as I do drive some lease roads that are rutted up . The rear door is nice I aint gonna lie .

OP
OP
geezer336

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I made the one bunk fold up so I had room to change hunting clothes . It has legs that go in slots to hold the one side up . It was a great project that kept me busy while waiting on Deer season .

OP
OP
geezer336

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The cedar is real thin , maybe 3/16 tongue and grove , light . bunks go 47lbs apiece , topper maybe 300 lbs . I figure time I add some gear under the bunks I have added 550-600 lbs . Going to look into some springs for the rear to cover that . Don't really want a lift kit or bigger tires . It just rides so good I don't want to mess that up . But I do want to raise the front up a little but I want to not be **** hunting when hooked to the atv trailer or small TT .

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it looks like an ol farts rig , well , it is ! LOL I want to do a few things to it next year . Suspension will need a little work . Mainly raise the front up a little as I do drive some lease roads that are rutted up . The rear door is nice I aint gonna lie .
Hey man whatever floats your boat! Its your money so do whatever makes you happy! Kind of reminds me of those X-ray outfits that we've used to x-ray welds on boiler tubes just not as tall and their trucks are all white. Enjoy!

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well this old fart likes the new addition to your fine looking rig too @geezer336! Only one we have to please with our rigs is ourselves! LOL
You would be welcome to join us in the Senior Citizen's Club thread here on the forum if you'd like to do so. Lots of us crusty old farts there.
Lee

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Got a bedrug mat today . WOW light as a feather and I guess you cant kill em too . Sure nice on the knees .View attachment 176901
That looks awesome! I know you don't wanna lift it but with a bit of an agressive stance to it that topper would look bad a$$. Different than what's normally out there. Awesome work on the interior!

Nick@gotexhaust is a vendor on here that will help you with all your questions when it comes to suspension and or everything else you may wanna do. I'll be following along for sure.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
The cedar is real thin , maybe 3/16 tongue and grove , light . bunks go 47lbs apiece , topper maybe 300 lbs . I figure time I add some gear under the bunks I have added 550-600 lbs . Going to look into some springs for the rear to cover that . Don't really want a lift kit or bigger tires . It just rides so good I don't want to mess that up . But I do want to raise the front up a little but I want to not be **** hunting when hooked to the atv trailer or small TT .

Bilstein 5100 set to .6 or 2.1I did 2.1 and with my topper andmy 20ft l\Lund, works graet, No one flashesme and i DID THE H9 TO h11 BULB UPGRADE TOO.

rECOMMENDTUFTRUCK 123v SPRINGS, IF YOU LIKE THE oem RIDE. i WENT WITH 1211ANDLOVE THEM BUT oem WAS TOO SQUISHY FORMY TASTES.

OP
OP
geezer336

geezer336

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks gofishn .I don't really want a lift kit all around and from what I read here you nailed it with your recommendation .

And thanks fellas for the flowers on the topper interior . It was a pain ! Predrill every screw hole , very thin and splintery if I got a little rough with it . Looks great but I don't think I will do that again ,LOL