Got my baby back from the shop!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Ive been on thr motorcycle the past week and a half with 30 degree weather. So glad to have 4 wheels and a heater again. This is my 2nd front end in less than a year lol

20191010_170958.jpg

I do have a few concerns. For one, i dropped off my truck with an average fuel economy of 13ish... well take a look
20191010_165042.jpg

I was doin good and they ruined it, bunch of animals!

My 2nd concern is my trucks diary that i keep in the center console. There isnt anything private in it, i just keep a log of everything i do from an oil to troubleshooting findings etc. The diary itself has a elastic band around it to keep it closed, well that band was off

20191010_170855.jpg

I guess these "concerns" arnt really concerns at all, in fact i dont really care, i just like finding the evidence of what strangers were doing in my truck. Its kind of weird lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
About your MPG maybe the disconnected the battery for some reason and the computer was reset and has to relearn your driving habits ? The other about the log would bug me to ! Next time put a book in there with a picture of your bare butt lol Maybe they would get the hint lol

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
About your MPG maybe the disconnected the battery for some reason and the computer was reset and has to relearn your driving habits ? The other about the log would bug me to ! Next time put a book in there with a picture of your bare butt lol Maybe they would get the hint lol

Your most likely right about the mpg didnt think of that. As for the picture, im going to go buy the best dslr camera i can get for $2k, take a 80MP shot of my brown eye and maybe slip in a little taint and make a book cover out of it. That way if they touch the book at all they will end up with a visual of fondling my goods lol

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Your most likely right about the mpg didnt think of that. As for the picture, im going to go buy the best dslr camera i can get for $2k, take a 80MP shot of my brown eye and maybe slip in a little taint and make a book cover out of it. That way if they touch the book at all they will end up with a visual of fondling my goods lol
LMAO awesome

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Never had something moved from the lounge before, that was my go to for random threads!

I feel like i just got dumped lol

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
LOL..nope, you weren't dumped.

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
I just realized the fog light they replaced (D/S) isnt working and im having trouble finding the fuse location

I swapped the bulbs around, still no go.

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Never mind. I have a good idea why its not working.

Going through my pics of the accident, there was a hanging wire with a severed connector and i was able to see the wire colors. Looking at the schematics, it shows thats the fog connection.

Well while i was under the the truck swapping the bulbs i saw the wire colors were now different. Im guessing when they spliced in the new connector they got the wires wrong

OP
OP
Nick_rp

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Or maybe not! Now that the sun is up, i went to check it out and its magically working! Cool w/e, but now i can also see better underneath and i see my fan shroud isnt connected to the front anymore and all the plastic push pins are stripped.

So i pulled out the paperwork from the shop and went over all their work...

Paint overspray on my side view mirror, the grill insert isnt sitting right in the grill, fog light is sitting a bit recessed, d/s door moulding is torn on the top, tore the black wrap on the rear of the door and of course the fan shround and intermittent fog light issue.20191012_103434.jpg 20191012_103342.jpg 20191012_102953.jpg 20191012_102754.jpg 20191012_073134.jpg

Im almost tempted to bring it back but i also dont want to freeze my ass off on the bike again

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Or maybe not! Now that the sun is up, i went to check it out and its magically working! Cool w/e, but now i can also see better underneath and i see my fan shroud isnt connected to the front anymore and all the plastic push pins are stripped.

Paint overspray on my side view mirror, the grill insert isnt sitting right in the grill, fog light is sitting a bit recessed, d/s door moulding is torn on the top, tore the black wrap on the rear of the door and of course the fan shround and intermittent fog light issue.View attachment 183115 View attachment 183116 View attachment 183117 View attachment 183118 View attachment 183119

Im almost tempted to bring it back but i also dont want to freeze my ass off on the bike again

My 18 sport fog light was recessed like that right off the truck, had the dealer replace it and it still sits in like that and only on the drivers side

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Personally if it was me I would have looked it over very closely before leaving the body shop with it to see what needs to be corrected now or later.
I realize from the start of this post you were having to ride your motorcycle in cold weather due to no other alternative transportation, I've been there done that seven years ago.
Just take it by the body shop this next week and show them your issues and concerns with the work done by them and they should take care and correct any mistakes.
Years ago my mother had a oldsmobile intrigue that was sideswiped by a brand new motorhome at an intersection. Oldsmobile stealership replaced ds rear quarter panel and fixed ds door gash and replaced ds outside mirror. When she got her car back 8 weeks later it was extremely filthy, grease on the steering wheel, stuff ground into the floormats, ds seat also was nasty. It also included paint overspray, rubbing compound residue on the trunk lid and roof. Apparently no one at that oldsmobile dealer gave a **** and it took 3 more weeks of waiting for them to correct there messes at "there" convenience

Triumphx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Paint overspray on my side view mirror, the grill insert isnt sitting right in the grill, fog light is sitting a bit recessed, d/s door moulding is torn on the top, tore the black wrap on the rear of the door and of course the fan shround and intermittent fog light issue.View attachment 183115 View attachment 183116 View attachment 183117 View attachment 183118 View attachment 183119

Take it back and demand a loaner since they half assed it...

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I hear you--I hate to leave my truck at any shop--most places dont care about it and will let their dirty clothes rub against your paint while they reach into your engine bay and move back and forth. You take care of your baby with washes and waxes and idiots dont respect your truck at all!!!

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wh

When you take the brown eye pic,make sure you take the pic after your morning delivery hahahaha

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad you got her back!
She looks good.