Got screwed on wheels....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Today I drove a 4 hour round trip to get a set of wheels. Tires pretty much toast. I looked at them quick and they looked decent. Ad said “rims excellent condition” he helped me load them up and I get home and this....

Is this wheel pretty much garbage ? I didn’t see any fractures on the drum.

fc9f54ef5483ae0555d23f0c40babbd9.jpg
5f335f124ab17866d082cd6fdd6c0191.jpg

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I would still use them, hope you got a good deal though.

I’m gonna use them. I don’t have a show truck lol. I just want to ensure it’s safe...

I got a decent deal. Would’ve been a great deal but turned to a decent one

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Go take it back to the guys house and toss it through his living room window like the discount tire lady!

Ha ha ha ha. If it wasn’t a 400 kilometre round trip I would. It’s my own stupidity and once again my faith in fellow humans dwindles....

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When the tires come off have a tire shop check the run out on the wheels to make sure one or more arent bent.

Oh, and next time, give used stuff a damn good look before you hand over the cash! If you ain't happy with the goods drive away.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I don't see any cracks so probably fine. File off the rough edges and a little touch up paint to try and hide the damage so it's not obvious at a glance. Is the tire on there holding air and is it out of round in the damaged area are my concerns. Once the tire is off it will be easier to tell the extent of it.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks more like it hit something with the tires aired down than curb rash to me so out of round would not surprise me.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It looks more like it hit something with the tires aired down than curb rash to me so out of round would not surprise me.

So the rim could be garbage ? That’d be awesome!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

To me it looks more like they snagged the side of a rock.

TripleM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i'd let a tire shop have a look at them jst in case,, having a tire air down on the road is smthn i dont wanna deal with and check the balance might be off if its bent

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
To me it looks more like they snagged the side of a rock.
Also possible, but that gouge looks pretty deep. Not deep enough that I think it will effect the bead, but deep enough that it took a pretty good hit

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Today I drove a 4 hour round trip to get a set of wheels. Tires pretty much toast. I looked at them quick and they looked decent. Ad said “rims excellent condition” he helped me load them up and I get home and this....

Is this wheel pretty much garbage ? I didn’t see any fractures on the drum.

fc9f54ef5483ae0555d23f0c40babbd9.jpg
5f335f124ab17866d082cd6fdd6c0191.jpg

If you want to clean them up a bit and camouflage the blemishes, I used Rust-Oleum Bedliner to paint the wheels. It holds up really well. I discussed the process in this thread...

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m pretty pissed off at the guy. And myself. I should have been more vigilant. I had asked the guy if they’re good and he said yes. His ad said “excellent condition”

I was more worried about socially distancing myself and getting back home. It’s my fault but I can’t help but feel this guy is a *************. It clued in later when I was thinking about It and he said lay them down face down so they lay down better. That must have been to conceal the ********.

Lesson learned and I hope that ******* gets a taste of karma

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Trust me, I know the feeling you are feeling. The plus side of my recommendation is easy future cover-ups. Hopefully it's only cosmetic like mine was.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Trust me, I know the feeling you are feeling. The plus side of my recommendation is easy future cover-ups. Hopefully it's only cosmetic like mine was.

Thanks!

The guy text me back saying he contacted pro comp about warranty. I wanna tell him warranties don’t cover stupid

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks to me like someone tried to either mount or dismount that tire without a set of spoons.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They're fine, though they don't seem like a rock did them which i wouldn't mind at all.
Mount them up and see how they feel, if that one doesn't require any extra weight you'll be ok, as the guys said just file the rash a little to remove anything that can pinch the finger if anything otherwise i wouldn't worry too much about it unless you're doing car shows :)

My tires always seem to get the fun scars after doing a trail here and there. That's part of the reason i dont go for the ***** P rated ones. The last ones will deflate if you show them a little brush stick let alone if you rub it on the sidewal, lol.

49635911983_ba6583a0b2_k.jpg2020-03-08_01-54-59 by RAM RSM, on Flickr