Got screwed on wheels....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is the damaged wheel. I inspected it further and on the inside of the lip I can feel it bulges inwards so that tells me this wheel is probably toast too [emoji2369]. Dented wheel.

I text the guy and basically told him he knew full well what he was doing and I wanted to bring him his **** back. But in a nice way

Tiped on ifone using Tapatalk and auto correct. Can’t you tell?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the damaged wheel. I inspected it further and on the inside of the lip I can feel it bulges inwards so that tells me this wheel is probably toast too
emoji2369.png
. Dented wheel.

I text the guy and basically told him he knew full well what he was doing and I wanted to bring him his **** back. But in a nice way

Can you repost the pic,it's not showing.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I finally heard back from him. He said they are giving him a replacement so I have to meet him and swap the rims. Either that or I’ll never been seen again lol.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I finally heard back from him. He said they are giving him a replacement so I have to meet him and swap the rims. Either that or I’ll never been seen again lol.

Wasn't expecting that! Good luck! Maybe you could ask him to change the shipping address if it's not too late?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Good deal on the replacement. The guy isn't a total douche. You might be able to make that one a spare anyway, unless they want it back.

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Good deal on the replacement. The guy isn't a total douche. You might be able to make that one a spare anyway, unless they want it back.

No not total. The company wants the wheel back. Not sure if it’s for liability purposes or they have a warehouse of damaged goods not sure.

It’ll be more driving but oh well, I’ll have a nice set of wheels at the end hopefully. Now I just gotta score some 33x12.5x17 without breaking the bank. I’ll use my duratracs and stockers as winters and get a discount on insurance [emoji2369].

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Glad you're getting a replacement wheel. You should only be pissed off at yourself though for not looking them over to begin with. :chair:

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Glad you're getting a replacement wheel. You should only be pissed off at yourself though for not looking them over to begin with. :chair:

I am. But every time something like this happens my faith in humans dwindles bit by bit

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am. But every time something like this happens my faith in humans dwindles bit by bit

Hi, How is your little lady doing. I haven't seen anything on here, hope everything is well, Its in the lords hands!!

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
...The company wants the wheel back. Not sure if it’s for liability purposes or they have a warehouse of damaged goods not sure....

The probably want to test it.
Had a Minn=Kota trolling motor shaft bend, out of warranty.
Minn-kota sent me a new shat and wanted the old back because the shaft should never had bent, according to them.

Minn-kota Customer, for Life, now.
Though, to be honest, I already was

captainronpo614

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998-2005-2014
Engine
5.9-5.9-6.7 CTD's
I’m gonna use them. I don’t have a show truck lol. I just want to ensure it’s safe...

I got a decent deal. Would’ve been a great deal but turned to a decent one

Ever notice how "smok'en/excellent/good/decent" deal sellers are never home/available till after dark? Always take the best brightest flashlight
with ya when you go have a look. As an old friend warned years ago, there's
only one thing you should purchase after dark, and that's just so no one
that might know you will see you........

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sounds like the guy is doing the right thing. After a 4 hour drive it would have been worth the time of being out of the truck just to give them a good look over. Seller doesn't have to take any responsibility for as-is sale. Whether he stated in great condition or not you accepted the sale.

thechase721

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would be beyond pissed... but more at myself for not inspecting the wheels. Life tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk