Got the break pedal recall addressed today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
When I had mine done it took them 30 mins from start to finish. It took them longer to change the oil lol. They said all they had to do is put a jamb nut on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my dealer keeps telling me no parts..pretty sorry dealer if the recall means adding a jamb nut and their shop doesnt have any.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
13 recalls and counting on my 2014 2500. There have been no problems with the truck as it has been great but all those damn recalls.
Had a conversation about this with a buddy who also has a '14 2500 CTD, it's better that FCA is getting out ahead of the problems with the recall vs trying to bury the problem. He has had several GM and Ford's that had recalls that were years old he never knew anything about.

jimh4662

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM Laramie Longhorn C.C. Delmonico Red PearlCoat
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Parts on back order Still waiting for the call back to come in for repair

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
someone should post a pic and nut size for the brake pedal fix. I would probably take care of it myself so I wouldnt be at risk until my dealer can officially take care of it.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram Rebel 12. I love it. since the brake recall came out the dealer keeps saying they don't have the parts to do the repair. It's getting very long winded. I've had four Toyota 4x4's not one day in the shop for all four. My wife has also had four Toyotas. Not a single day in the shop. I hope my brakes are fixed quickly.

If Toyota is so great why did you bother with a Ram. I think my brakes are great and better then my 2017, excellent stopping power. At 10000kms the occasional squeal has disappeared completely. To each their own but I didn't bring my truck in for this recall because I figured it would correct itself, and it did.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If Toyota is so great why did you bother with a Ram. I think my brakes are great and better then my 2017, excellent stopping power. At 10000kms the occasional squeal has disappeared completely. To each their own but I didn't bring my truck in for this recall because I figured it would correct itself, and it did.

You can't please everyone. My friend has a Toyota and complains about it all of the time about the 11 mpg he's getting. Don't get me wrong Toyota have good vehicles and some people have better luck with different vehicles. But bashing a vehicle for minor problems that's not for me. All I can say is he should have stayed with his Toyota's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saberman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Rebel 12
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think my frustration with the dealer might have come through on my message. My Tundra CM was a great truck but My 2019 Ram Rebel 12 is SaWheeeeeet. Ram knocked the ball way out of the park for 2019. Crazy nice truck. That being said my truck does have two random noises. Sometimes when I start it there is like a pop and rough start then it high idles for a second. Also sometimes when I put it in Drive I hear a transmission clunk noise. Any thought?

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think my frustration with the dealer might have come through on my message. My Tundra CM was a great truck but My 2019 Ram Rebel 12 is SaWheeeeeet. Ram knocked the ball way out of the park for 2019. Crazy nice truck. That being said my truck does have two random noises. Sometimes when I start it there is like a pop and rough start then it high idles for a second. Also sometimes when I put it in Drive I hear a transmission clunk noise. Any thought?

Try not to put it in drive until it idles down.