Grease slung from front driveshaft?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was looking for the front driveshaft joint to grease in my 2021 PW (I greased that in my 2018 2500 Cummins) and discovered it’s a sealed joint now, no grease required I guess. However, I found a lot of grease outside of the rubber boot and a bunch more slung around under the truck. This is the front joint coming out of the transfer case. 15k miles on the truck.

I wiped off as much as I could from inside the rubber boot and I couldn’t feel or see a tear. This isn’t normal is it? Assuming a warranty trip to the dealer might be necessary. No unusual noises in 4WD.

E5A00AB0-A75E-4609-B19A-800C89913F17.jpeg

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yup, make sure you have that picture so you can prove it. Don't need them saying nothing is wrong.
I don't know what those types of joints are called but I remember when they started putting those on then wranglers. When I was a mechanic, people would ask us to replace them until they got the price of 500-1000 dollars for a new drive shaft. It was much cheaper for them to go with custom drive shafts with u-joints.