Great concept terrible truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RAMMED129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Sorry i never put the problem it is a check engine light in which the code is P20EE. My dealership has been working with FCA for months now with no fix.......first said no fix then just took readings then blamed the def fluid then changed the cat. SO I AM NOT JUST A COMPLAINING PERSON! This has been my 6th Ram but first diesel. So for everyone who got a good one congrats for those who don't.GOOD LUCK CAUS FCA IS THE WORST CUSTOMER CARE IN ALL THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY. 4 OPEN REPORTS ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE ON A 56K DOLLAR TRUCK.

subic97

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
All the people on here that are having issues are actually making me a bit nervous.
I like my truck, I'm at 78,000 mostly trouble free miles and am desiring to keep this truck till 150,000 or so.
Then I think back before the internet and these forums, without these how many people would have heard of these issues.
That is both good and bad in my mind.
Sorry the original poster is having issues, which he didn't post.
Even though a diesel may not be the best choice for me and the driving that I do now days I'm still glad I bought one,
and I certainly hope I continue to feel this way.
You do realize a majority of people searching forums is because they have a problem? Dude only has one post, he joined to complain. Don’t worry about your truck, it’s fine enjoy it. I have no idea what the most common problem is or the number of members that have had the same problem, but I would say out of the thousands or trucks out there numbers are pretty low. A forum of everyone saying my truck runs great, no problems today would be a boring read.

OP
OP
R

RAMMED129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I joined to warn not complain i did that already to FCA DUDE!! So know what you are talking about if this was a love fest for RAM there would be no point it lets people know their options before buying. Be an informed person not an ignorant consumer.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
OK guys, I'll take the risk of getting hammered for saying RAMMED129 has the right to speak his mind. Yes, he should try another dealership but if he has FCA already involved, he may be stuck. Is there no "Lemon Law" in NJ that he could use? $56K for a POS? I personally think he has done well to not be choking the **** out of somebody so far, just sayin'....

rwreuter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Must be a Chevy guy planted to sour us on those Diesels as he provides no details.
Or, China planting false info.

OP
OP
R

RAMMED129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Thanks El Huapo i actually just started the lemon law process. I have been too patient at this point. And rwreuter that was pretty funny actually but i did repost the issues with the truck not counting the recall that could melt the egr and start a fire in which there are not parts available for. I wish i was a Chevy guy i love Mopars thats why i am so upset with all the ones i've owned i can't get any help ir respect from FCA. Its very disappointing actually.

Heber Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DO NOT I REPEAT DO EVER BUY A RAM ECODIESEL. I have been a loyal ram owner for over 20 years and bought this 54k dollar piece of garbage last year. It has been in the repair shop 6x now for the same issue. I have 3 open cases with FCA and nobody not even arbitration will do anything. The answer is i haven't been inconvenienced enough. Lol. I wander what is inconvenienced enough???? Just an fyi if live in New Jersey just go lemon law caus the NCDS is paid by mopar and are useless and the dealership..performance dodge just ran away from it all...and FCA won't let you talk to anyone past a low level operator .
I do not know if you have checked the internet to find out more about your code, I am posting this link to a video from a mechanic that I am subscribed to explaining the issue and a repair. Now, I do not know if the year and model of the truck is the same or similar to yours, but I would go through and see if the repair that he explains can help you out. It is a 2 part video, the second one should pop next to the first one when watching it. Good luck !!
This is the link to the video

subic97

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Thanks El Huapo i actually just started the lemon law process. I have been too patient at this point. And rwreuter that was pretty funny actually but i did repost the issues with the truck not counting the recall that could melt the egr and start a fire in which there are not parts available for. I wish i was a Chevy guy i love Mopars thats why i am so upset with all the ones i've owned i can't get any help ir respect from FCA. Its very disappointing actually.
Careful with the chevy love. I know a guy that got a brand new 2020 Silverado with the new baby Duramax diesel, didn’t even get 300 miles on it and the motor is done. Problem with the heads.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
You do realize a majority of people searching forums is because they have a problem? Dude only has one post, he joined to complain. Don’t worry about your truck, it’s fine enjoy it. I have no idea what the most common problem is or the number of members that have had the same problem, but I would say out of the thousands or trucks out there numbers are pretty low. A forum of everyone saying my truck runs great, no problems today would be a boring read.

Yes I am well aware of that fact.
Also, I do worry that mine may become one of the ones that has issues.
I do not lose sleep over it.

As far as the original poster I believe he finally got back,
he has a CEL with a P20EE which apparently can be a persistent one and hard to clear,
but the truck is fine to drive even with that code and give the dealer time to get a plan going ahead.
If the dealer is as uncooperative as he would have us believe then he may need to escalate the issue.

Joe Merchak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
OK guys, I'll take the risk of getting hammered for saying RAMMED129 has the right to speak his mind. Yes, he should try another dealership but if he has FCA already involved, he may be stuck. Is there no "Lemon Law" in NJ that he could use? $56K for a POS? I personally think he has done well to not be choking the **** out of somebody so far, just sayin'....

Yes there is a lemon law in NJ and with 6 times back he already qualified unless he went over 18000 miles. I had to do a lemon law with Ford years back, you hire a lawyer who is knowledgable and its pretty easy. Not sure why he has not gone that route, I would of.

OP
OP
R

RAMMED129

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Yeah thanks Heber i actually have watched those videos. Very educational if i were to attempr the repair but its a 2018 with only 7500 miles on it. I have had it for like 1 1/2. Bought it brand new. I also saw Ram had this issue bad back in like 2012-2015. I am in the process now of lemon law. I tried arbitration first. That code is a nightmare caus you don't know if anything else is wrong also. Just looking for fair treatment. But for all those that helpef thanks. I am aware it can gappen to anyone or any brand just seems weird its still happening after all these years and a major recall years ago. Thats why i went diesel for longevity and went sideways on me. Shoulda stayed with the hemi. Glad for everyone again that didn't get the friday special. Lol

Heber Perez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah thanks Heber i actually have watched those videos. Very educational if i were to attempr the repair but its a 2018 with only 7500 miles on it. I have had it for like 1 1/2. Bought it brand new. I also saw Ram had this issue bad back in like 2012-2015. I am in the process now of lemon law. I tried arbitration first. That code is a nightmare caus you don't know if anything else is wrong also. Just looking for fair treatment. But for all those that helpef thanks. I am aware it can gappen to anyone or any brand just seems weird its still happening after all these years and a major recall years ago. Thats why i went diesel for longevity and went sideways on me. Shoulda stayed with the hemi. Glad for everyone again that didn't get the friday special. Lol
No problem !!! Good luck !!!

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex

Likewise, best wishes and may the wind be at your back.

FCAEMPLOYEE

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
These new diesel systems are not designed in the best interest of the customer. Personally i would delete it (warranty or not) and live a long happy life.

retirednak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
New to the forum, got my first new Cummins powered truck in '97,currently own 03 Laramie Sport 3500 4x4 and bought a new '18 Laramie CC 4x4 ED last March. I just did first oil change at 7500 miles, love the truck and its at local dealer for oil leak around the timing cover at front of the motor. I bought my ED knowing about premature engine failures and emissions issues. I bought mine in Idaho spent couple months in Cali then drove home to Alaska. I expected better mileage at 22-23, but without a doubt buy another one after the bugs are worked out on updated version. I drove the new Ford, it's a pig at Hwy speeds and priced much higher. The DSL in GM's 1500, not for me. The oil pump is run by wet belt drive, the trans must be slid back to R&R said belt. Don't quote me, think it's at 100K miles.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the forum, got my first new Cummins powered truck in '97,currently own 03 Laramie Sport 3500 4x4 and bought a new '18 Laramie CC 4x4 ED last March. I just did first oil change at 7500 miles, love the truck and its at local dealer for oil leak around the timing cover at front of the motor. I bought my ED knowing about premature engine failures and emissions issues. I bought mine in Idaho spent couple months in Cali then drove home to Alaska. I expected better mileage at 22-23, but without a doubt buy another one after the bugs are worked out on updated version. I drove the new Ford, it's a pig at Hwy speeds and priced much higher. The DSL in GM's 1500, not for me. The oil pump is run by wet belt drive, the trans must be slid back to R&R said belt. Don't quote me, think it's at 100K miles.

I knew it just posted about this the other day but was guessing at the interval but the longest on any timing belt was 100000. This is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bought my Ecodiesel new in 2016. The only things it's ever needed is a little bit of diesel fuel every 440 miles. Best truck I've ever owned. Flawless. Needs nothing. Ever. Through other experiences I am convinced 90% of issues are directly caused by incompetent employees at the dealer or employees intentionally creating problems.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Yeah OP needs am Ram dealership that sells & services lots of diesel trucks with a certified diesel mechanic trained on the Ecodiesel. The city FCA car dealerships are terrible for diesel work. They just follow the scan tool and replace anything it suggests with no idea how to actually diagnose properly repair & eliminate the problem. They simply swap parts hoping they land on the problem. BTW 671,000 miles on my ED towing commercially.

Edit 371k on the first motor when it pushed a head gasket likely due to low coolant from EGR cooler leak. 300k on my second engine. Buddy James has 325k on his ED.

You want problem free operation. IMO Get a tune that turns off the EGR then delete the EGR cooler. Use the combo Mopar fuel filter water seperator. I change it every 30k per my now past warranty. Don't lug the gen 2 motor (2014-2019) around at 1500 rpms and don't try to outsmart the engineers use tow haul anytime you have a trailer attached. Its best for your transmission & perhaps more importantly the motor. They don't like to be low rpm lugged (its relative) seems funky harmonics sometimes causes crank squirm where it grabs a bearing and falls on the sword. Tuned & EGR cooler deleted it is an enjoyable fuel efficient lil motor.

Last edited: