Great deal on AEV Saltas.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don't mind silver they are $150 a pop and free shipping via Offroad Power Products and free shipping. I ordered on Monday at 6pm and they showed up yesterday (Wednesday) no affiliation with them but fast service. dang nice wheels for $150. C3241C6C-3735-41E5-83AA-A624069F2DFB_1_201_a.jpeg

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Nice congrats on the new wheels!

Great price for sure!

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Those are going to look nice on your silver PW! Post pics when installed. Are you keeping the stock tires or going with something different?

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
That`s a great price....
IMO, the AEV wheels have the perfect off-set!

I agree on the offset for 12.5" wide tires but if you go to much past 13" actual width you will get some rubbing on the sway bar with 37" tires.

OP
OP
retired

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those are going to look nice on your silver PW! Post pics when installed. Are you keeping the stock tires or going with something different?
keeping stock tires for a while

jagu366

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Wasn't my first choice in color but the price was so stinking good I also picked up a set awhile back (at the $150 price). It's def grown on me:

asaRPlbh.jpg
Where did you get that tire carrier from?

Bahn112

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4L

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Couldn't pass up that price. Just ordered a set from Offroad Power Products. I see AEV also has them for sale but no free shipping.
Now to decide on what color to Powder Coat them when they get here...

OP
OP
retired

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't pass up that price. Just ordered a set from Offroad Power Products. I see AEV also has them for sale but no free shipping.
Now to decide on what color to Powder Coat them when they get here...
AEV will void your warranty if you powder coat them. I love AEV but they have a history of issues with wheels so might want to rethink powder coating.

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Didn't read anything about painting wheels voiding there limited warranty on their web site. I guess I could just go flat black like they already do.. Thanks for the heads up.

OP
OP
retired

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't read anything about painting wheels voiding there limited warranty on their web site. I guess I could just go flat black like they already do.. Thanks for the heads up.
You can paint them just not powder coat. this is from the AEV web page.
Ram Salta HD Wheel
The Salta HD for the 2003+ Ram 2500/3500 combines both modern styling and rugged durability in one great looking package. Inspired by the legendary Dakar Rally and named after the Argentine city along its route, the Salta HD’s race-inspired 16-spoke design not only looks great, but also adds significant strength to the wheel. AEV’s Signature recessed valve stems provide added protection from rocks and other objects on the trail. The 17×8.5 Salta HD features a Ram-specific backspacing that is designed for the perfect fitment with or without factory fender flares when using up to a 37” tire. This vehicle specific wheel design provides the optimal balance of tire clearance, scrub radius and handling. Available in Matte Black, Onyx and Silver finishes.

*Be aware that the tire size indicated on the sidewall of a tire is only a general indication of its size and is not necessarily its actual size. Tires can run larger or smaller than their indicated size and larger tires may rub fenders, chassis and control-arms during steering and/or suspension movement.

Please note: As a general safety precaution, AEV does not recommend powder coating aluminum wheels. The heat range and duration of the powder coating process may overlap the heat treating and aging of cast or forged aluminum wheels. For this reason, powder coated wheels will not be covered under AEV’s lifetime structural warranty. All repairs and/or color changes should utilize automotive type liquid paint.

KEY FEATURES:

• A356/T6 cast aluminum construction
  • 4,100 lbs. load rating – tested w/ a 40” tire
  • Compatible with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  • AEV’s Signature recessed valve stems for added protection
  • Tested to stringent SAE J2530 standards
  • Molded AEV Center Cap included
  • Lifetime structural warranty

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Oops, didn't see the specific note for those wheels.

Guess they are worried that the 400 degree oven temp for powder coating effecting the T6 heat treat on the wheels. To go to T7 you would need 400 for like 2-5 hours. Guess they just being safe.

May just have to paint them then.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea, a typical quick paint job might not hold up as well...but, it can also easily be touched up.

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I love the trim rings.... but don’t run them any more. Pain in the ass if you have to change a tire you rolled off the rim in the sand dunes... ask me how I know, some lost hardware still out there.

Also if anyone but you is going to service the truck or rotate the tires, they are going to get pissed off about all the extra hardware and try to zap them on or off with an impact, stripping out the hex heads or the threads in the wheel itself... again, happened to me.

Love the looks, hate living with them.

OP
OP
retired

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love the trim rings.... but don’t run them any more. Pain in the ass if you have to change a tire you rolled off the rim in the sand dunes... ask me how I know, some lost hardware still out there.

Also if anyone but you is going to service the truck or rotate the tires, they are going to get pissed off about all the extra hardware and try to zap them on or off with an impact, stripping out the hex heads or the threads in the wheel itself... again, happened to me.

Love the looks, hate living with them.
I have been driving since the early 70's never once has anyone other than myself rotated my tires. I rotate about every 3000 mlles and put about 20,000 miles a year or so it won't be any trouble. I do think they are way over priced but the rings are made in the usa.