Great experience with the Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to take my truck into the dealership yesterday to have the tailgate latch recall completed. I asked them to take a look at the tailgate lock while they were in there. It hasn't worked (with the power locks) since I installed my backup camera. I am 99% sure I messed up the wiring harness in the tailgate when doing the install. I disclosed that to them.

I was told that it is usually $80 to diagnose an issue and that they didn't want me to be surprised by the cost. I was reluctant but went ahead and agreed to it.

I was a little nervous when I never got a call from them to quote me a repair cost, just a call to tell me everything was finished. When I showed up to pick the truck up they had fixed it all and did it at no charge. How often does that happen?

That is the second time I have gone to them and they have charged me less than they quoted me for a repair/diagnosis. Can't beat that.

By the way, the dealership is Fletcher Dodge in Joplin, MO.

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd be taken a couple boxes of doughnuts down to the service department as a thank you. Your experience is rare these days.
Jay
Thatis a great idea. I should do that.

jimWar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You must have picked a great dealership. I am only a bit over 3400 miles, so my first service interaction with the service department is in the future.

Last edited:

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Great to hear from people that have received great service. I have also gotten great service from my dealership.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Nice to hear a good story about a dealership, of course most people come here to complain about their trucks and dealerships.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I had to take my truck into the dealership yesterday to have the tailgate latch recall completed. I asked them to take a look at the tailgate lock while they were in there. It hasn't worked (with the power locks) since I installed my backup camera. I am 99% sure I messed up the wiring harness in the tailgate when doing the install. I disclosed that to them.

I was told that it is usually $80 to diagnose an issue and that they didn't want me to be surprised by the cost. I was reluctant but went ahead and agreed to it.

I was a little nervous when I never got a call from them to quote me a repair cost, just a call to tell me everything was finished. When I showed up to pick the truck up they had fixed it all and did it at no charge. How often does that happen?

That is the second time I have gone to them and they have charged me less than they quoted me for a repair/diagnosis. Can't beat that.

By the way, the dealership is Fletcher Dodge in Joplin, MO.
You need to find another dealer...:D

That's right up there with, when I find someone at work that really knows what they're doing, I tell them they'll probably get laid off because they know too much... :rolleyes:

Good story though, cudos to you for being honest with them up front. It paid off.
:cheers:

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a no hassle experience recently as well with my broken manifold bolts. The warranty was transferred and I do have quite a few mods on my truck but the guy was into it and had white a few mods done to his 2019 Cherokee too.
They gave me a ride home 25 minutes each way and had it ready the next morning with nothing to pay or even sign.
I called the manager a couple of days later to tell him how grateful I was.

Harris Dodge Victoria B.C.

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to hear a good story about a dealership, of course most people come here to complain about their trucks and dealerships.
True. It is pretty well known that if you do good service for someone they might tell one or two people about it, but if you treat them poorly, they tell the entire world.

OP
OP
cdcarnes

cdcarnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a no hassle experience recently as well with my broken manifold bolts. The warranty was transferred and I do have quite a few mods on my truck but the guy was into it and had white a few mods done to his 2019 Cherokee too.
They gave me a ride home 25 minutes each way and had it ready the next morning with nothing to pay or even sign.

Awesome. Glad to hear that worked out well.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of the reasons that we have two Chrysler products right now is that there is a dealer 10 minutes away that has always treated us right on service. My wife likes Honda vans but when we had one the trip to the dealer was around 30 minutes and they were always trying to sell her unnecessary maintenance any time we had it in.

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi

I sent an excellent service email and gave the dealer a 5 star rating on Google. Turns out the dealer has a 4.8 rating with a 100 plus reviews. Worth a shout out here as well.

White Rock Dodge